Lower Car, or Add Lips?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Both. Lips makes it look lower to the ground but a quick glance at your wheel gap and the lie is detected. If you're only going to do one Id say til lower it.

Varnell

Reaction score
Both. If I had to choose between lips and coils, definitely coils. They look good and make driving more responsive.

Drami5

Reaction score
Both. Lips makes it look lower to the ground but a quick glance at your wheel gap and the lie is detected. If you're only going to do one Id say til lower it.

Lie detected? lol is it bad rep to have lips instead of lowering it

Both. If I had to choose between lips and coils, definitely coils. They look good and make driving more responsive.
Yea, well coils are a bit expensive to me

Varnell

Reaction score
Lie detected? lol is it bad rep to have lips instead of lowering it

Yea, well coils are a bit expensive to me

True, but you asked. lol

I had MSR wheels and a type R lip on my sedan a year before I dropped it on coils and I thought it was the coolest thing. Nothing wrong with it as long as you like it.

Varnell

Reaction score
I had Eibach Sportlines on OEM struts. The ride quality wasn't good since the struts were always bottoming out. They lasted nine months before my rear struts blew. I know you're trying to save money, but doing springs right by buying aftermarket struts ends up costing as much as coils and you're left with just a 2" drop.

From experience, save up for coils because you'll end up getting them anyway.

phi1542

Reaction score
I think both are a must for any car but me personally the drop would be the first thing I would do lol our cars are high af stock

Drami5

Reaction score
Yeah, that's waht i'm thinking don't want to risk having to spend extra money or have my car get messed up.

I will get the lips first,

but what are your recommendations for the coilovers?

phi1542

Reaction score
Depends what you're looking for. Do you want to drop the car to the ground or are you looking more for comfort? I have the Tein Street Advance coilovers and I love them lol really comfortable. Maxed out front and rear and it gives a good drop. Eliminated my wheel gap! The drop is 3" F and 2.6" R.

t020av.jpg

I was also slammed on Function and Form Type 1's which are a good bang for your buck if you want to go really low

e80spe.jpg

Back