UPDATED w/ new pics Painting Interior trim..

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
I too have started work on my interior trim pieces.
The car is NHBP so i decided to just do gloss black with gray leather interior. I think that will look better than the OEM woodgrain thats already in the car.
KnightRyder has also started work on his and I went by what he said he did pretty much, so props for him and helpin me out.
I have taken out the cupholder and trim around the shifter.
So far I have the cover of the cupholder almost finished.
This pic is after the clear coat, I might try to some kind of wax/polish over it to protect it even more but I havent decided yet so any suggestions on that part would be great. Let me know what you guys think.

2ughq83.jpg

2v2tjzp.jpg

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Re: Painting Interior trim..

some minor wetsanding with 2000 grit and several rounds of rubbing compound and polishing compound will bring that to a high quality mirror like shine. but the sanding gets rid of the gloss (dont worry) so after using rubbing compound a few times and then some polishing compound, most of the shine will be back but the best improvement in shine i saw when i used some of that meguiars polish, it was an immediate improvement in shine. give it a try.

i know i said i wasnt going to be doing any wetsanding on mine but i ended up having to and im glad i did because it made the pieces even that much better.

after those steps your normal shine you have now will be 100 times better because you'll be able to see things clearly in the reflection, the high quality reflection shows that your surface is super smooth.

Last edited:

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
Re: Painting Interior trim..

finished the pieces around the shifter...
next will be the piece around the air/radio/clock etc.
the pics arent too great but you get the point...
n6f4nt.jpg

29ffgig.jpg

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
Re: UPDATED Painting Interior trim..

has anyone does this to the black interior pieces??

00blackedaccord

Reaction score

If you want a smooth look, you need to sand down the plastic, use filler, or better, a combination of both.

thats what I did...
I did have a problem with the biggest piece of the three tho for some reason i just couldnt get it to be perfect but it still looks good enough...

00blackedaccord

Reaction score

the other pieces are coming up in a few days...
pieces around the window controls and the one around radio etc

johnnydinh701

Reaction score

wat do u mean use filler and also i was planning on using the krylon fusion paint, cuz u dont have to primer it with that paint.

Back