Cold Air Intake - Which One??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellouser

Reaction score
Before I say anything, I'm a noob.

So I've been told by a lot of people cold air intakes, or specifically K&N air filters are awesome. Apparently they add a bit of extra horsepower and reduce fuel consumption.

I've got a 1999 Honda Accord EX 2 Door Coupe, 4 Cylinder.

I don't really have a budget, as I dont know what the costs are exactly but apparently they can go up to 300 bucks? I don't really want to spend that much, I'd be more comfortable with the 200 dollar range (or less, hah).

Right now the intake is stock.

Can anyone make any suggestions? I'd love some extra performance in my 4 banger.

Last edited:

DrOwZee

Reaction score
only 2 brand you should look into are AEM or injen because they are carb legal. ill go with the SRI cuz it sounds cooler at wot :duckhunt: these can range up to 2 bills

hellouser

Reaction score
only 2 brand you should look into are AEM or injen because they are carb legal. ill go with the SRI cuz it sounds cooler at wot :duckhunt: these can range up to 2 bills

Are K&Ns illegal? I'm in Canada atm, so maybe we have different laws.

Does fuel consumption change noticeably? I currently get anywhere from 450-600km/tank. (depending on driving habits and highways). And what kind of performance does it really give? Ive heard some people say anywhere from 1-3hp to as high as 10hp (which i really doubt itd give that much extra power).

juicebox00

Reaction score
if you're from canada you can get any intake you want. the carb legal requirement is only for california

Namboyz

Reaction score
in that case just pick up a cheap ebay one and but a good filter for it. 60 bucks tops=)

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
If your going to go through the hassle of buying an intake and making more noise, get the AEM V2. Otherwise, leave it alone.

(Your not going to gain an incredible amount of acceleration, even with headers and exhaust - i'm currently in the process of removing my i/h/e setup and going back to stock.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back