Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

Mikey

Reaction score
Who's ken? LOL. FnF would be the quickest, easiest set-up. I wouldn't have to source multiple parts or contact more than one vendor. Not to mention installation would be easier, too. But those eases would come at a cost.

What do type 2s cost these days anyway?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ken was offering the F2's for $855, I think that promo may be done by now, though.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think it was around $100 +/- more?

Best to shoot Ken a pm and ask him about pricing.

It was a great deal at the time.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
People putting words in my mouth…smh. :lawl:

Mike, since you haven’t invested in any suspension yet, it might make more sense for you to get full coilovers, at least money-wise. I’m thinking you buying a set of Koni’s and GC’s brand spanking new will cost you over $1k. Koni has their spring sale on shocks annually in which they give you 15-20% off, so that might help a bit. And if you buy the GC’s from that guy on HT…. might end up being more affordable afterall. If I was buying my first suspension but I knew what I know now…I’d be going with Koni+GC or whatever coilover won’t break my back.

And the lower your car, the more chance you have of bottoming out, especially if you barely have any fingergap. I have maybe just over 1 fingergap front and rear, and the tires touch my fenders on big dips in the road, and I have my Koni’s stiffness at 1.5 turns (out of 2). The spring has to be stiffer and compress less so that when you put your fender closer to the tire, it won’t rub. If you ever put people in your back seat, that whole situation is magnified. However, if your wheel doesn’t protrude outward to the inside of the fender ledge (the part people roll), then you’re good either way.

I have a plan to call Eibach, tell them what I’m trying to achieve, then buy the appropriate GC’s. Just so busy at work and at home right now. Whenever you do get around to lowering your Accord, I promise you will enjoy it. And you’re right, our tastes in ride comfort are similar.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^That's it right there.

For Chris and I, we already have the yellows, so it really makes sense we go with the GC's rather than try and sell used suspension and buy full coils.

The Koni's + GC's is a tried and true setup, and if 'you' are already halfway there, might as well use them to their full potential.

As Chris said, starting out, I would go with full coils, but nothing wrong with the right shock/coil setup if you already have the shocks.

Ken may be able to work something out for you with the F2's, if you could score the Type 2's for that last promo price, then you're laughing.

Mikey

Reaction score
I just hate the stigma that comes with full coilovers; that the ride will be super low and super stiff. I understand that from a handling standpoint but I'm not racing my car. It's my around town DD. If I got full coils, I wouldn't use their full potential, I feel. I'd still rock a 1 finger gap or so. Maybe more, maybe less. Just depends.

I think, perhaps that's where type 2s will come in handy. If they're too high/low, I can jack up the corners and adjust accordingly.

Question for you, The woodgrain sticker you bought off Honda, can you see any of the silver radio bezel underneath or around it? I am wanting to buy it to match everything, but want to make sure no silver will be showing. Any way I could get some close up shots?
Was working on pics and I got to looking and it doesn't show through. The only places you can see Grey are in places that you REALLY have to look. Like inside the side of the radio and up inside the vents. I like the look but I paid $60+ for a cheap, thin piece of flimsy plastic.

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
Was working on pics and I got to looking and it doesn't show through. The only places you can see Grey are in places that you REALLY have to look. Like inside the side of the radio and up inside the vents. I like the look but I paid $60+ for a cheap, thin piece of flimsy plastic.

Yeah I just want it to look good. From what I understand, they actually made some woodgrain from the factory...??? Do you know if that is true?

Mikey

Reaction score
For the 98-00, yes. That's what dillingham and I were working on. But I think, if you're 0102, you'd need ac unit, clock, hazard switch and maybe even vents. Maybe even pigtails for said parts as well.

Jefe02

Reaction score
I think they did have the wood grain in 01-02 but only in the sedan. Im pretty sure I saw an 01 sedan with the wood grain before.

Back