6th Gen Power Folding Heated Mirrors.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Guess what guys! I found out that the 99 to 2001 TL mirror's are similar! The only reason the one I tried at the junk yard didn't work was because it wasType-S. Go on ebay and search 2001 TL heated mirror.... Very Similar.... Just an option for those that just want heated mirrors. I'm seriously going to test fit it this.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
So if im correct you can just swap the mirror back housing and keep the 6th gen sail with Rsx internals... just modify the 3 screws underneath the mirror.

FNCONE

Reaction score
So if im correct you can just swap the mirror back housing and keep the 6th gen sail with Rsx internals... just modify the 3 screws underneath the mirror.

Yes, I used the PFM RSX on the Accord Sail. If that's what you're asking?

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
So just to clarify:
If I only want heated mirrors, all I have to do is swap the CL glass into the Accord mirror housing? And TL glass may possibly work as well?

LeoY

Reaction score
So just to clarify:
If I only want heated mirrors, all I have to do is swap the CL glass into the Accord mirror housing? And TL glass may possibly work as well?

Good question! I live in a town with wide a^s streets, so I never have to worry about my mirrors getting torn off. However heated mirrors would be awesome right about now, it's been snowing like crazy lately.

FNCONE

Reaction score
So just to clarify:

Good question! I live in a town with wide a^s streets, so I never have to worry about my mirrors getting torn off. However heated mirrors would be awesome right about now, it's been snowing like crazy lately.

I should be going to the junk yard some time (To cold now) I believe by looking at the mounting points Its a direct swap. I WILL CHECK FOR US. Remember I have the RSX Top and accord sails. I feel 89% sure they will. LOL, I'll keep us informed.

But Take a look Accord OEM CL And TL OEM....

Accord Drivers Rear

TL Drivers Rear

CL Drivers Rear

Accord Passenger Rear

TL Passenger Rear

I Could Not find a picture of the CL Passenger.

Take a look at them, the same. The Accord one even has the slot for the 2 pins for the heated element.

REMEMBER 99-01 BASE. THE TYPE-S IS A DIFFERENT SHAPE

:challenge: Any one know someone with a TL to compare? Its Cold to go to the junk yard this week for me.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Ok it's 1:17 am and I went thru my spare parts (I knew I had a set somewhere) and found another Set of mirrors I have from a CL 2001. My brothers friend has a 6th gen. I'am going to try it on. Hopefully I'll see him this weekend.

CL 2001 Mirrors

FNCONE

Reaction score
Yes I bought the RSX without heated and it swapped right in. There was a small nipple that I removed that the PFM doesn't need. When you have it in person you will see.

This Is That Nipple, Cut that off.

*Photo credit to Steve K. http://blog.machanon.net*
He has an awesome DIY for the RSX.

FNCONE

Reaction score
For the guys just wanting heated mirrors, please remember you must also tap into the rear heated glass circuit. It's also a good idea to add a 7.5 inline fuse since the rear windshield uses a 40A. (As always safety first with electrical) Since I had extra harnesses laying around I added a new line from k4 since it's connected to the rear circuit (see diagram) That eliminates the need to cut into the oem harness. Obviously you still need to splice and add the new heated mirror wires but no need to cut any oem harness as this will be a new circuit. But that's just me, tapping into it is just fine.
Auto and manual AC have the same Pinouts.

Last edited:
Back