1/4 mile times

Sonnick

Reaction score
Funny thing..I ran a 15.8, then on the street, was dead even with a 2006 auto Maxima after the track :confused: I had 1 passenger in the car, he had 2.

liquidsilver

Reaction score
It feels quicker because the Accord has more torque. The Celica is much lighter than our cars also, weighing in at 2500 lbs.

15.4 with just intake and exhaust :confused:

I ran 15.8 with I/H/E on sh!tty tires, which made for a terrible 2.4 60' when it was 90 degrees out. Not bad for the 1st time at the track though, I was pleased. My trap of 89.5 made me realize I have the potential to run mid-low 15s.

Actually I finally gunned my car.....I know y the celica is quicker. Yes ur right....it weighs 2500 lbs with 10less horses and also the gearing on the celica GT is much more agressive. It basically feels like a sports car...shorter shifter, gearing and lighter. My first time at the track was 15.9 and 15.6 and 15.4...so yeah . PRactice helps.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Nah, 4spd auto, a friend taught me how to shift autos well and ive been doin it like that ever since.

I know what your talking about on the shifting on autos... that was the only way i ran 16.5..... DAM YOU on runing a better time than me...:furious: G/J

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Yes... Have you not learned that yet? Unless you have a 5spd...
People who run their automatics the way they were ment to be used run low 17's ish...
People who go through all four gears (Never touching 4th) seem to break high 16's and mid 16's....

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
Yes... Have you not learned that yet? Unless you have a 5spd...
People who run their automatics the way they were ment to be used run low 17's ish...
People who go through all four gears (Never touching 4th) seem to break high 16's and mid 16's....

well thats weird cuz i jus broke 16s in D3, not manually shifting. i might try it once to see if it makes a difference. honestly it shouldnt, if not make it worse. im sure someone can agree with me.

theaccordian

Reaction score
if you shift manually,instead of shifting automatically you can get the engine to rev to 6500 instead of 6250 which is where the auto autmoatically shifts at, by doing this when you shift up you dont fall out of the powerband as much as when you let it shift automatically.

Back