Bird Photography - Share and Discuss

DizzyP

Reaction score
Bird in camo on waterfall. He is straight channeling Predator (ya know, the movie). Hint: bird is in middle of pic. Sorry the birdie isn't as easy to spot as my first pic I posted on this thread. I got that pic in perfect focus and every thang!

caf8e2ad6fef546576d82e2406f396a0.jpg

I didn't get this birdie shot below due to my lag of getting my phone out (say that 15 years ago - you got a camera phone=Big Bawler, Shot Caller!!!). I was on video mode cuz I was trying to film this dude riding his bike seated backwards! I just couldn't swipe fast enough to get to pic mode when I saw the birdie. Anyways that dude was switching from bike lane to sidewalk on a busy road with lot of shops. I was gonna see (not hoping just seeing) if he thought he was all that and a bag of chips but end up crashing and realize he was none of it but a sack of sh#t! Hoping I could sell the video to YouTube, have it go viral and get Oprah Rich (keep the YouTube checks coming...well direct deposit, but you know). File my taxes and keep it legit. LOL. No bad luck for that dude, he has high confidence and ability, not a deadly combination.

Now back on topic. YES, i did half thread jack this mug. THAT...JUST...HAPPEN!!! But I am back so it's cool.

I didn't approach the bird, I was parked when I noticed the watermelons just sitting out and THEN saw my target! He/she popped around and was bobbing on watermelons for a while with some serious balance and no real grip but surprisingly had rhythm and tempo. I know they don't have feet but he/she had some seriously good footwork (I checked the melons later before I went in the auto parts store and no claw marks, and no price so I was gonna assume the melons were free but figured they would be gone by now if they were. That's how Da Man gets ya. WHOOP, WHOOP "Put your hands up so it is easier for me to taze you...BRO!! -LAWL LOL) but the birdie was skipping along on the grain, so weird, he/she was very focused and methodical and he never went to the ground for crumbs or a drink from a small road hole (prob full of rad fluid, good choice), just focused on the green melons. He stayed on the low melons and never went on the high side except once he/she came over the top I guess he/she was trying to be sneaky and chip at it. I was in my car when I took the shots but somehow I think I scared him cuz he took flight and shot like a super eagle on a double shot of some good drink (small tummies and all) cuz he/she scrambled and his/her indented flight path was all over the place. This birdie was a serious flier. He/she came back and I saw him/her duck behind a melon like he/she was hiding from me so I went for it and was hitting 10 shots a second but he/she was just too quick. He/she was able to slice between the shots. That birdie had skills. I think I actually got a good shot but my loosen grip cause bad focus and I missed the shot. I bet he/she was half way to Calcutta before I even got out my car. I think my rad fan scared him/he off when it shut off (sometimes it squeals). After that it was a rap since he/she was sky bound. He/she was gone but I will say he/she look kinda like the shape of a decent sized round robin. I am not sure if the store workers know the setup is great for birdies or what. I would hazard to guess they don't have a clue what games and plans lie in the birdies mind.

Maybe if I was a better driver I could have noticed the birdie and got the shot.

Well I went in the auto store and when I came out I checked the melons a bit better and I notice he/she did make a hole in one so I guess he/she was able to get something too takeaway but just the green chunk and not any more. At least he/she got a slice but the humans get wedges, so much better.

4241b0b1c52c4667ea800c2ab3eee7f3.jpg

Life's a big learning curve. Sometime ya hook sometimes ya slice but as long as you work on your drive and putts you'll probably still be a crappy golfer. Ya see what I did there? and there? And all over there!

Spoiler alert (pun intended):

50e0dd2044a7250a25e935274f7d311d.jpg

All kinds of golf references. Even got in a "duck" cuz sometimes they swim in the drink.

Can I get a "What, what?!"

:Self high five...to the side...to the other side...down low, too slow. Wait, what?! No that's right:

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Two flocks.

One line on top right and V formation on bottom of pic.

4b922eb398894df2245d9d08a02e0612.jpg

DizzyP

Reaction score
Two bird buddies
ac7e1b7182ace5f27cb3c9c59c785c18.jpg

Bird with twig
8a2f85ee16f08005bcc33c68224fa6f8.jpg

Same bird on the bush where the nest is located.
85351c6b476c52840fa23e971f00f419.jpg

DizzyP

Reaction score
My new spot and got these guys in the patio.

I was like "What the wha huh?!"

9dcb99d2b57c44b877bd95bce1fb9201.jpg

Back