THE Suspension Review Thread

atarikid07

Reaction score
Brand & model: Progress Technology 24mm Rear Sway Bar for '04 TL
Price paid and from where: $144 minus shipping from www.progressauto.com
Pros: Unbelievably stiff ride. You can definitely feel the difference this makes even when going through regular turns.
Cons: None. (Unlike a previous poster, my exhaust doesn't hang. It fits perfect.)
Final verdict: This should be one of the very first suspension mods you should do to your car. It's awesome. I can't wait to go to the mountains to really test it out!

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Re: THE Suspension Review Threadd

Brand & model: Ksport GT Lowering Springs (w/ Tokico Illuminas)
Price paid and from where: $109 shipped from ebay seller "streetrays"
Pros: Pretty stiff for springs. And provides a DAMN good drop (2.5"F 2.25"R) leaves about a finger and half wheel gap in the front and barely 2 in the rear.
Cons: None really, Just wish to go a bit lower.
Final verdict:I love them, handling difference is day and night. Stiff but firm. Also the lowest you can go in our cars on lowering springs. I love the raked look. DEFINITELY worth the money.

Brand & model: Tokico Illumina 5-Way Adjustable Damper
Price paid and from where: $250 used shipped off a friend.
Pros: Easy to adjust, can get pretty stiff.
Cons:No adjustable perches like on Koni Sports
Final verdict: I kinda wished I spent another $200 on some used Konis but these are the best bang for their buck. Handles amazing on the stiffest setting as I have it. A great buy.

A little teaser until I finally get a good camera to update my MR thread.
IMG_0029.jpg

Last edited:

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
Brand & model: H&R OEM springs
Price paid and from where: $220 from www.TireRack.com
Pros: Stiffer ride, car handles better, looks lower, no fear of potholes
Cons: only 3/4 inch drop front, 1/2 inch drop rear = 4x4
Final verdict: if you live in an area/city with constant construction, potholes, or rough roads, and want close to OEM ride with marginally better performance, this might be for you.

Brand & model: Bilstein Struts/Shocks
Price paid and from where: $550 from www.TireRack.com
Pros: the car rides VERY SMOOTH. I have driven my dad's crown victoria before he sold it for 2 years, and the ride is very comfortable on the highway as well as the street
Cons: none i can think of, except no height adjustability
Final verdict: if you live in an area/city with constant construction, potholes, or rough roads, and want close to OEM ride with marginally better performance, this might be for you.

Brand & model: 2003 Acura TL-S strut bar
Price paid and from where: $63 from www.acuraoemparts.com
Pros: car feels much stiffer in turns, much more confident, easy to install
Cons: none
Final verdict: this is a must have for anyone with a 6thgen, do it!

Brand & model: Neuspeed strut bar
Proce paid and from where: $100 from Neuspeed Website
Pros: the car is much stiffer and turns into corners much easier, works in conjunction with the TL-S strut bar
Cons: none
Final verdict: another "must have" for any 6th gen coupe or sedan owner.

Last edited:

pattywak

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function and Form Type II's
Price paid and from where: $650 from this Forum
Pros: High quality, will slam your ride to any possible height, dampening adjustable
Cons: Not for people looking for a "like OEM" ride.
Final verdict: Worth every penny. The construction of these is quality and they perform without fail during my daily usage. They will drop your car as low as you could possibly want, and will deliver the "on rails" kind of ride that some people want from their suspension. The dampening adjustability gave me peace of mind because I was tired of suspension setups that were too "soft" and "like OEM" so I wanted to make sure the next setup I got gave me what I was looking for, and the F2s delivered.

Last edited:

freelucien

Reaction score
Brand & Model: H & R Race springs
Price paid and from where: 220$ Genesis Autosport Rancho Cucamonga
Pros: High Quality, love the drop, will slam the front and somewhat the rear, waiting for it to settle 2.25 in front 1.75 in rear, eliminates the boat look completely.
Cons: none yet, and not for ppl looking for that OEM ride.
Final Verdict: Went DTM, worth every penny

Brand & Model: Tokico Illuminas
Price paid and from where: 250$ (used from member on here, "I_am_nas") thanks!
Pros: goes good with my set up, it's no Koni yellows but still does the job. 5-way adj, on the stiffest setting love it, can take corners at around 60 mph pretty damn good, on the softest setting rides like OEM
Cons: No Adj perches like Koni Yellow, but gets the job done!
Final Verdict: Love em!, would buy again.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein Basic coils
Price paid and from where: $350 from henry
Pros: good enough drop, rides smooth like oem
Cons: cant be slammed with it but its still good
Final verdict: i iz happy with it.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Brand & model: K-Sport Coilovers
Price paid and from where: <$715 from member "smoky"
Pros: Can slam the front to the point that it is beyond drivable, able to adjust spring rates and dampening to get a near stock ride quality
Cons: cant slam the rear as low without removing locking collars
Final verdict: For the price I paid it is worth every penny

drifthobo

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function and Form Type 1 (F2's)
Price paid and from where: $654. Got it from a shop that went to the Main Function and Form headquarters to pick it up for me.
Pros: Stiff ride, love it. Installed it straight out of the box and it was beyond slammed. Had to put it up a little. Highly recommend this if you plan on slamming it to the max.
Cons: No dampening adjustments. The type II's have the adjustability though.
Final verdict: I love it, was worth the money :love:

DXaccorD

Reaction score
Brand & model: Function and Form Type 1
Price paid and from where: 600$ shipped from honda-tech.
Pros: nice stiff ride, (no homo) dumps your car.
Cons: No dampening adjustments.
Final verdict: Love em, great price for a great product, i recommend them.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Brand & model: Koni "Yellow" SP1 adjustable height/stiffness struts
Price paid and from where: Bought for $320 w/ProKits from a member
Pros: Can't go wrong with adjustable stiffness (using key) and adjustable height (using perches) in one strut. Easy to adjust too. Great for people looking for slightly stiffer ride than OEM for the everyday, but want to have the ability to adjust for very stiff ride - but not coilover stiff. In terms of height adjustability, these pretty much eliminate any need for coilovers depending on what springs you pair with them.
Cons: If I had to pick one, it's that the height cannot safely be adjusted while they're on the car.
Final verdict: Anyone not going with coilovers will recommend these struts, they are the best bang for the buck. I'll never switch them out.

picture.php

Brand & model: Eibach Pro Kit springs for 1.5" drop
Price paid and from where: Bought for $320 w/Koni Yellows from a member
Pros: Great springs for tasteful slight drop, look better than some lower drops because the gap is even all the way around the wheel so the rocker panels don't look far out from the sides of the wheels.
Cons: Should not be used with any struts that don't have height adjustability, at least on 6thgen Accords, because "boat look" will be likely.
Final verdict: Great ride, tasteful drop. Good for those who don't want to be "dumped".

picture.php

Brand & model: 07 Acura TL-S 20mm Manual Trans Rear Swaybar
Price paid and from where: $32.50 from Curry Acura online
Pros: Understeer and body roll greatly reduced. Car corners pretty flat. Rear end doesn't skip out when on an uneven curved freeway entrance ramp. Fit on my V6 coupe no problem.
Cons: None. Would be cool if it came in color but you don't really see it.
Final verdict: I didn't have any fitment issues and no altering was needed, it was a bolt on. For the bar and the hardware it was $40 shipped...you can't beat that for how much this mod improves handling. Ask anyone. Completely different car.

Brand & model: Eibach Sportline springs for 2" drop
Price paid and from where: $120 from a member on here
Pros: Uh...they're red? Great ride, good spring rate. Gives a great drop. Excellent when paired with Koni.
Cons: Should not be used with any struts that don't have height adjustability, at least on 6thgen Accords, because "boat look" will be likely.
Final verdict: I found these to be the perfect drop for me, they only leave between 1 and 2 finger gaps front and rear, and the bumper w/lip would clear parking blocks, driveways, etc. Looks great, but still very functional.

Brand & model: Acura 2G CL/TL strut tower bar
Price paid and from where: $44 from a friend
Pros: Front end stays more composed in cornering, seems more planted and firm. Looks cool when paired with a strut bar.
Cons: Take out your strut bar when you install this.
Final verdict: Cheap, fun upgrade. Looks cool and helps handling a little bit.

Brand & model: Progress 24mm rear sway bar (For Acura 3G TL)
Price paid and from where: $138 shipped from RaceTechPerformance
Pros: Thickest bar available for the 6GA. Looks good and is well made. Comes with polyurethane bushings, and is adjustable. Body roll gone completely, understeer is tamed. Car is glued to the road if you have a good set of tires.
Cons: None
Final verdict: Should have bought this one the first time. Incredible. And the turn-in feel is amazing, so crisp and quick and responsive.

Last edited:
Back