Manual Climate Control problem. Help.

bmwrp8

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My car is a 2000 Accord A/T with a 2.3L 4 banger engine. Anyway I'm having problems with my manual climate control which maybe some had a solution for it. I don't want to spend big bucks for a new one and used one is also a hit and miss. My climate control works fine. Fan speed 1-4 works, Heat/cold works, All buttons works (defogger, AC button, Air distribution button, recirculation,etc.) Except for the 3 LEDs won't light up when those 3 controls are selected (namely the face/foot dist., foot dist., air recirculation). If you press them LEDs won't light up but they do activate. You can feel the recirc. door open or close or the distribution air for the face/foot or foot only also activates. What I did was I changed the 3 LEDs but still it won't light up. I checked the old LEDs and it lights up on my test bench but won't light up when installed. Another problem is when I shut the car off even if you take out the key the AC LED light remains dimly lit. But when you turn the key on it goes out and returns to normal. Again, everything works except some LEDs won't light up. Will jumping a pin near D3 to the pin left of R12 work with my problem? Thank you. Hope someone can help.

Back