Need HELP with Front Lower Control Arm removal

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Title says it all. For some reason I can't get enough leverage to take off this last bolt. I've tried heat, PB blaster, breaker bar but nothing works. Can't even fit an impact either.

Any help is appreciated as I need to get this on the road by Monday.
bd49271fc487908ffdfefead7ac70210.jpg
d14e894d57f60e4120d26dcff9591c64.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Is the knuckle out? Next week I'm changing mine out and I figured on a breaker bar on one side and my 1/2 ratchet wrench on the other side. Use the ratchet to take up slack and break it with the bar.

If you can break your crank bolt by hand you should be able to break open any nut or bolt on the car haha

dawg316

Reaction score
bolts most likley siezed inside the bushing sleave

are you replacing the controll arm ?

id cut the bolt, in between the controll arm and inside of the controll arm pocket, but the problem is that you have a capturned nut on the other end. so that would need to be cut / ground flat. gonna be a pain either way . surprised the bolt dindt snap yet if you had a breaker bar on it.

maybe your just beeing a pansy and not turning hard enough ?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
bolts most likley siezed inside the bushing sleave

are you replacing the controll arm ?

id cut the bolt, in between the controll arm and inside of the controll arm pocket, but the problem is that you have a capturned nut on the other end. so that would need to be cut / ground flat. gonna be a pain either way . surprised the bolt dindt snap yet if you had a breaker bar on it.

maybe your just beeing a pansy and not turning hard enough ?
Lol pansy, I got to it. Knuckle was off, needed to remove the transmission mount to get a ratchet in there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back