JDM tow hook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david5788

Reaction score
YES the hooks that they used kind of scratched my hook and left some indentations but thats normal since the hook is made of aluminum

david5788

Reaction score
how did they tow it?

they hooked and pulled it up onto the platform and secured it down with 2 hooks onto front tow hook and 1 on the rear tow hook, also they scratched my bumper due to my car being to low

sorry thread jacked! should def get the tow hook the chrome one looks cool

gunmetal6th

Reaction score
Goodness....everybody getting panties in a wad lately...i still don't think it serves any purpose..since like daryll said, we drive FWD cars...

i just have mine for looks...AND now nobody will bump into my car until they go threw the tow hook haha...soo it is more so insurance...that only cost 10 bucks

x2. im doing it for the jdm look and for ^^^^. if u do get it dont go overboard and do fr. and rr. just do one or the other.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i think tow hooks only look good on slammed cars

like this:

race-car.jpg

only cars of this caliber deserve tow hooks, everyone else who buys is it for function is just a poser, imo

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I don't understand how tow hooks make your car look more "JDM". Do Japanese domestic cars come with tow hooks? I haven't seen any.

The only one I would ever get would be the rear hook, reason being, if my car is being pulled up onto a flat bed, I would rather them winch it up from the rear, as the angle of attack from the front could damage the front lip on a lowered car.

Our rear OEM hooks are below the car under the bumper, now if you have a rear lip and the winch is hooked to the oem tow hook there is the risk of the winch cable being pulled up into the rear lip, thus the rear hook COULD be functional because it sticks out from the rear of the car, and there is no chance for the winch cable to dent/crack/slice through your rear lip.

BUT, most tow drivers around me drive the trucks that have the hydraulic arms that wrap around the front wheels and lift the front end up. They don't even have to get out of the truck, and they could give two ****s about how you want your car towed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back