question for those with custom exhaust

99accord boi

Reaction score
recently a good freind of mine gave me his apexi piping off his accord, everything from the cat to the muffler
he did not give me his muffler tho
ive always loved the look of blast pipes on 240s and miatas and i was thinking of doin something similar to my car but with a single pipe
my question is will my exhaust be too loud? or will i need to find another resonator? i drive a 4 cyl with stock headers and stock cat
i believe the piping is 2.25 or 2.5 not sure
i plan on running the apexi piping to the rear sway bar then getting something custom welded to a 18x3.5 in chrome pipe
here are a couple pics i found
Image-5368524-48459293-2-WebSmall_0_af3e6c5a75c29d7049f4516c51f08971_1.jpg

DSC_1149v2resize.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
With keeping the rest of the exhaust stock, it will be louder, so, knowing that, you have to decide if it will be something you can live with.

If you have heard 240's with that type of an exhaust setup, you at least have an idea as to how the exhaust will sound, although not to that extent, assuming those cars have the complete exhaust system upgraded.

Yours may sound more along the lines of a Civic with an upgraded exhaust.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Sleeper_Cell has a similar setup.

But go for it. You could always add a bigger/longer resonator if it ends up being too loud.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Exactly what i plan on doing: ebay header, stock cat . 2.5 or 2.25 pipe, vibrant ultra quiet res. And a polished tip

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I have a 3" straight pipe exhaust to skunk2 muffler. Its pretty quiet but nasty mean under WOT..but im Turbo,so kinda defeats this post..lol

99accord boi

Reaction score
Sleeper_Cell has a similar setup.

But go for it. You could always add a bigger/longer resonator if it ends up being too loud.
thats wat i was thinking but not sure if i should buy a name brand resonator or get some random one from a muffler shop
I wouldn't try this unless you are V6, but eh with enough resonators...... with a 4cyl... meh
why do u say that?
Exactly what i plan on doing: ebay header, stock cat . 2.5 or 2.25 pipe, vibrant ultra quiet res. And a polished tip
it looks clean i really dont like that muffler look

Back