Gude package

jdm.fanatic

Reaction score
I have been following an reading up on the g23 and it seems to me that it may be better to go with Gudes head package. They say its 55whp. It comes with ported TB,IM, and head along with the cam for $1450.What do you guys think.

Egi7

Reaction score
jdm.fanatic said:
I have been following an reading up on the g23 and it seems to me that it may be better to go with Gudes head package. They say its 55whp. It comes with ported TB,IM, and head along with the cam for $1450.What do you guys think.

55hp ehh.......................lol. Use your better judgement on those HP claims. I'll tell you this, for $1200, you can buy a H22......lol, garanteed 50 hp. For a $1k you can have a suitable G23 hybrid, garanteed 25+ HP. So $1400 on a f23 head package is a joke.

theaccordian

Reaction score
as fast as u on e'h has it and he got good gains, not the advertised gains but around 35 whp, and realistically for an full h22 swap with all the miscellaneous parts id say is no less than $4,000. Also judging from the problems darkside has been having its not as easy as it looks and if youre planning to have it installd by a shop thats alot more money.

so I wouldnt say gude is a bad option.

Egi7

Reaction score
True, not a bad option, but not a good option for the price. $1450 is too much for what they are claiming. Iam doing h22 swap, have all my parts, not costing me anymore than $2300 total, which $800 of that is installation, so that say what I spent on parts. I informed peps that the G23 isnt as easy as it seems, makes the h22 swap seems eaiser at times. If fanatic wanted to build his f23 head, take $1450 and get the head ported, buy a aftermarket throttle body, port the IM, and get a BISIMOTO cam, which is engineered for the F23, id bet i would come out slightly less on $ than that Gude package

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
If fanatic wanted to build his f23 head, take $1450 and get the head ported, buy a aftermarket throttle body, port the IM, and get a BISIMOTO cam, which is engineered for the F23, id bet i would come out slightly less on $ than that Gude package
:stupid: ;)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw the head package and told myself I could do it for way cheaper, without, having to supply a core like I think Gude requires.

Picked up a spare head and IM for next to nothing + free cam gear. Sent both out to be given a slight street port/polish. Throttle body went to Maxbore.com for $100 to get bored out. What am I missing? Oh, a cam, Bisi make's some now for a good price.

You can do it, just don't go through them.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
For the money, it seems the only real thing that makes it worth it is that it's a complete package, designed together. That's cool, i wouldn't pay a premium for it personally.

I wouldn't concider an h22 swap in the same price range when all is said and done. After sourcing everything, it's going to be decently more. That doesn't mean it's a worse way to go by any means however.

Sonnick

Reaction score
A properly ported head/intake manifold, bored throttle body, and cam, along with i/h/e bolt ons, will absolutely outperform a stock h22..and cost less..make your choice

Back