Transmission alternatives?

Gradfien

Reaction score
I want to see what I can do with what I've got. because that's more fun. I don't care about logic in this scenario.

I will say I understand your feeling (been there done that) Im going to say its a good idea to figure out exactly what you want and need before you start buying parts. Fmu or engine managment, do you need to pass emmisions? figuring out exactly how you are going to do it and sticking to it may help bring the cost down.

And dont be too cheap.

Just some things to checkout.

P.S. are you getting your advice from a youtube channel called rubber duc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

R3dC4p

Reaction score
I love a good challenge! :love: I also like that my accord was practically free (250$ from a friend) and needs no body work. I hate doing body work. :p I might consider a swap at a later date, or a different accord, but it was a really cheap, good condition car, and for now, I want to see where I can get with it.

Last edited:

R3dC4p

Reaction score
I will say I understand your feeling (been there done that) Im going to say its a good idea to figure out exactly what you want and need before you start buying parts. Fmu or engine managment, do you need to pass emmisions? figuring out exactly how you are going to do it and sticking to it may help bring the cost down.

And dont be too cheap.

Just some things to checkout.

P.S. are you getting your advice from a youtube channel called rubber duc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hahaha, Never heard of said channel. I do have to pass emissions, sadly. I have heard of someone rigging a p28 to piggyy back off of the stock ECU in a low boost scenario? Might have to do some research there. I know you can spoof sensor signals too. In the end, might just be an AEM F/IC. I've got some reading.

Last edited:

Gradfien

Reaction score
Hahaha, Never heard of said channel. I do have to pass emissions, sadly. I have heard of someone rigging a p28 to piggyy back off of the stock ECU in a low boost scenario? Might have to do some research there. I know you can spoof sensor signals too. I've got some reading.
I have to pass emmisions also but I timed it so I dont need it for 1 3/4 years
In Ohio you can get your echeck done up to 1 year in advance.
I think it will be hard to fool the stock ecu but for me its either that or return to stock every two years or move. If you find any info on it let me know.

There is also some stuff like iacv that needs dealt with, i got an adapter from blacktrax, it works but I think the upper plennum from a f22 might be better. See if you can use just the upper plennum or need the whole intake at a pull a part yard.

Last edited:

R3dC4p

Reaction score
All those signals from the sensors are just voltages. The ECU reads them and interprets them, then decides =what to do with it. AEM has a piggy back that basically forwards good signals to your ECU and does the controlling itself. Shouldn't throw emissions with it. Runs around 300$ Look up AEM F/IC.

Gradfien

Reaction score
All those signals from the sensors are just voltages. The ECU reads them and interprets them, then decides =what to do with it. AEM has a piggy back that basically forwards good signals to your ECU and does the controlling itself. Shouldn't throw emissions with it. Runs around 300$ Look up AEM F/IC.

After reading it a bit I am wishing I would have done that. When I looked i didn't find any that controlled ignition timing also.
the other thing I missed in the past was RDX injectors according to my tuner they are really good for up to about 280 hp and cost about the same as the cheap junk ebay ones I bought.

Back