audio interference noise (buzzing) help!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
So i have the Pioneer Premier AVIC-F90BT headunit all wired up to a Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 (the new series) and all the speakers wired up to it.

I have the power wire going down the driver's side of the car, and the two front speakers wires going down the passenger side of the car, and the RCA cable down the center of the car.

When i previously had the RCA cable with the speaker wires, there was a buzzing noise on start up and occassionally kept going after start up, when i move the RCA cables around at the connection or unplug them, it either gets louder or stops, (so i know that it's the cable).

I moved it last night away from the speaker cables away from the RCA and it went away on one start up, and now it keeps doing it....

HELP!!!! It's driving me crazy and i can't put the new carpet in until i figure this out.......

MAIN QUESTION: is that a bad RCA cable, Bad Connection, or interference with something else? or even something im not thinking about?

lashlee

Reaction score
Ahhh, you might have become a victim of the dreaded piezo problem that plagues pioneers. I hoped that pioneer had fixed that problem but I'd say not. Try to get another H/U and use all of your existing wiring to see if the wire goes away. You can ground the shield of the RCA's as a temporary fix but you'll have to get it shipped off to get it fixed.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
oh great that sounds like a sh***y problem, do you think they would fix it for me if i just bought it recently?

should i try a new set of RCA's before i jump to that conclusion first?

I really appreciate the help!

lashlee

Reaction score
The shop should have it fixed if it's within a year, and should swap it if it's been under 30 days. The shop I used to work at had that same policy, but it depends on what your relationship with the shop is.

BTW, the problem usually occurs when you have the H/U powered up and pull off the RCA's.

matty2013

Reaction score
Sort of the same question in reference to interference...
I get an interferance when accelerating, sort ofa whine that increases with acceleration, and an even louder one when I use my rear defrost, when the music is on, its not noticeable but with the volume turned to zero it was loud enough for my friends wasted girlfriend to ask me what it was.

My power wires are on the passenger side and audio wires on the drivers side. Anyone have any insight into this?

matty2013

Reaction score
I used 2 seperate grounds for both amps, both are 4 gauge wires with gold ring terminals, and I made sure to sand off the paint where I mounted them.
Could 1 single speaker wire passing too close to my positive wire cause interference in ALL the speakers, or just the ONE speaker?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You may have to check all you ground points, and yes, something could be too close causing the noise.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
For starters, chassis grounding points should be checked to ensure that bare metal is exposed and that they are secure. Battery grounding point(s) should be checked for corrosion. It may be a completely different issue, so hopefully some others can chime in as well with possible solutions.

Back