5-lug swap with TL/CL knuckles?

xmsleepr

Reaction score
i tried searching but didnt come up with much...
so im looking on ebay for knuckles to do my 5-lug swap and pretty much every seller shows the accord 98-02 v6 knuckle to be the same as the CL 01-03 and TL 99-03, and if they are will the rear calipers from a TL work in the accord too?

for example

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Everything should swap over exactly the same. The suspension components from 98-00 accord and 99-03 tl are interchangeable.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
:eek: so would the rear brakes and everything just swap over? im excited now their parting out a TL semi-locally hopefully they give me a better price than $350 an ebay seller said for all 4 shipped...

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Rear brakes should fit, but you also have to get the parking brake cable if you have drums in the back. If you have discs in the back you should be good.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Hmm...I know there's a tricky answer to this somewhere. The hubs should transfer over without a problem, but there's a gray area when it comes to certain parts of the brake assemblies. There's a reason that the TL/CL rear big brake kits aren't compatible with 6th gen accords, but I can't think of it off the top of my head (could be a difference between the calipers or rotors).

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i think i know what you were talking about but it was because the caliper mounts were different in the rear. But if he is swapping over the full knuckles then i dont think there should be a problem. Its kinda like the 4cyl to 6cyl front rotor swap, the 6cyl has a bigger rotor so the calipers were different

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
i think i know what you were talking about but it was because the caliper mounts were different in the rear. But if he is swapping over the full knuckles then i dont think there should be a problem. Its kinda like the 4cyl to 6cyl front rotor swap, the 6cyl has a bigger rotor so the calipers were different

Yeah, that may be one of the differences. I think the other differences were the diameter and thickness of the rotors. As long as all TL parts are used and continue to be used (such as replacing worn rotors with TL rotors instead of Accord rotors), there shouldn't be a problem.

drey

Reaction score
i went to a jdm store and bought euro-r knuckles and hub (according to the guy that sold them to me). i found out later when trying to install them that the 98 TL brake disc fit on them and the 98-02 V6 disc didnt. the knuckles were also different, so I had to go to the junkyard to get the wheel hub. calipers were interchangeable though.

just be careful.

JDM ACCORD EX

Reaction score
I'm new to doing 5lug conversion but i have a 99 Accord EX 4cyl disc all around and i was told that if you change the wheel hub from 4lug to 5lug and rotors without changing the calipers that everything will fit. Is this true

Back