Gas range

Enne

Reaction score
My CG6 F23A4, with summer wheels and tires, can easily go 420+ miles on a tank, city/highway commute driving. About 70 miles combined a day. I don't drive slow, either (read: I do the speed limit or a little over, I'm not trying to coast my way to high MPG). I chalk it up to throttle control and proper maintenance, I guess.

datechboss101

Reaction score
I just saw my 1/2 tank range, and it took roughly about 165 miles to go to 1/2 tank... I filled up last Thursday with 13.352 gallons at local Wal-Mart and I think that place might be the culprit for bad gas, as I get at least 180 miles from other places.

capsidx

Reaction score
I try not to overthink these things. I get gas when I have to and just drive the car. Once you get into the minutia of things like this driving becomes less fun. I remember when i didnt know anything about cars. I LOVED driving because I had no idea that parts could fail the way they do. Now that I know what I know now I'm a little more paranoid and I am constantly changing my driving habits. Everything was simpler back then. Now that I know a whole lot more I dread something breaking because I know i'm the one whos going to have to pay for and fix the problem.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
It's been a while since I calculated or even drove down to the gas light but it's well over 300 miles when the light comes on. In my manual I get 29mpg doing 70mph and 27mph doing 80mph

Student005

Reaction score
I drove, yesterday, to sunshine Florida and back (to Palm Bay) then around town, to my girls, then home this morning all on one tank. Considering it’s 170 miles to sunshine from here and my girl lives at least 15 miles from here I think I got around 370-390 miles to the tank in that fill. Which is surprising because I was going roughly 90 mph most of the way home and I drive aggressively. But I’ve done the math and when I go 85 on cruise control I average 19 mpg with my F23A so I don’t know how I pulled that off yesterday.:shrug:

datechboss101

Reaction score
I drove, yesterday, to sunshine Florida and back (to Palm Bay) then around town, to my girls, then home this morning all on one tank. Considering it’s 170 miles to sunshine from here and my girl lives at least 15 miles from here I think I got around 370-390 miles to the tank in that fill. Which is surprising because I was going roughly 90 mph most of the way home and I drive aggressively. But I’ve done the math and when I go 85 on cruise control I average 19 mpg with my F23A so I don’t know how I pulled that off yesterday.:shrug:

I drive mostly under 4k rpms and do probably 65 on a 45 road and barely get stopped by red lights (all city driving) from my place to Metro west.... However, I get better MPG on the Acura (if driving under light throttle and not idling for like 10+ mins) on the same route doing the same speeds. I really don't understand... I might have to check how long my tank can give me once June starts as uni is in Miami (I ain't talking about that University of Miami), where most of my driving will be on Florida's turnpike.

Student005

Reaction score
I drive mostly under 4k rpms and do probably 65 on a 45 road and barely get stopped by red lights (all city driving) from my place to Metro west.... However, I get better MPG on the Acura (if driving under light throttle and not idling for like 10+ mins) on the same route doing the same speeds. I really don't understand... I might have to check how long my tank can give me once June starts as uni is in Miami (I ain't talking about that University of Miami), where most of my driving will be on Florida's turnpike.

Okay so you have an Acura with an f23 that gets better mpg than your accord? Yea I can’t see how that makes much sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

datechboss101

Reaction score
Okay so you have an Acura with an f23 that gets better mpg than your accord? Yea I can’t see how that makes much sense lol

The Acura has the J35, its the Accord that has the f23 with the 4AT... Still scratching my head around why im getting better gas mileage and gas range on a V6 than a 4banger.

Student005

Reaction score
Well to my understanding v6 engines get better highway fuel economy than four bangers in my experience because my brothers 3.0 OHV Taurus gets better highway mileage than I do in my accord so I’m not sure

Nam1911a1

Reaction score

19mpg at 85 seems terrible. I get 27mpg doing 85 in my 5 speed f23 sedan.

Back