Help having transmission issues after rebuild

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
Ok guys before u say my trany shot and needs a rebuild, just know i just had my tranny rebuild from a reputable shop a week ago(1,300$) and wen i got it back it was driving perfect but wen i start it up cold in the mornings it slips until it warms up then it fine.i brought it back they said they check all sensor and solenoids and that the tcc lockup solenoid was bad and one pressure sensor was bad, ok another 200$ and two new sensors and its still slipping when its cold. Anybody have any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated as i am running out of $$$ Car is a 98 sedan v6

001Stunna

Reaction score
Is it throwing a code?
When they rebuild it, did they change only the "worn" parts or did a full rebuild? Did they use OEM parts or aftermarket?

Have you checked the fluid level? Is it full(checked with the car warmed up, off and parked on level ground)(driven for 20-30mins)? Did they use HONDA ATFDW1? Did they clean/replace the internal filter?

Last edited:

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
Oem parts oem solenoid oem fluids and in addition to internal filter i had them add an external inline filter and cooler

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Full rebuild? Yep, take it back until they do it right. And don't let them charge you for anything else.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
My car does it too, it is normal. It's a way of warming itself up, it switches gears at higher rpm's. Either try giving it more gas after takeoff, it should switch fine at higher rpm, or warm up the car for 15 min and it shouldn't do it then. Nice car btw

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
I dont think its something they did wrong more of a problem it already had cuz its exactly wat it was doing the first time before they did anything. Makes me think i didnt even need a rebuild , although it runs alot better wen warmed up now but this problem is only wen cold. I dont get it

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
My car does it too, it is normal. It's a way of warming itself up, it switches gears at higher rpm's. Either try giving it more gas after takeoff, it should switch fine at higher rpm, or warm up the car for 15 min and it shouldn't do it then. Nice car btw

Thnx bro

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
Could try soaking all the solenoids... Not that it's your issue since the shop should take care of it. When we put the rebuilt tranny in my friends 04 v6 he had some issues with shifting- he soaked them with brake cleaner and it improved enough to know it was causing the issue- so next up is replacement.

Back