Need help with purchasing a legit hid kit(not ddm)

LunaccorD

Reaction score
i know someone in Hayward that sells good quality kits for around 60-80 bucks right out of his garage, LEGIT shop/garage shown to me by my boy . i have had mine for a little over 6 months,if you want i can call him and let him know ur interested let me know im due for some LED replacements for my interior and i was looking for a reason to drive down there.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
you mean sucess stories about DDM kits? if thats not what you want get the morimoto minis with their ballast and bulbs from theretrofitsource...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I bought a DDM kit about 7-8 months ago, after they started discontinuing products. I figured that was my last chance. They have held up thus far without a flicker so I think they will last. I doubt mine are any different than the ones they have for sale now, since they say they are getting out of the market. I would say that the only thing is you know you will not have an easy replacement if they truly stop selling them. But, you could buy 2 kits for less than a "cheap" kit and be good.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my Morimoto bulbs replaced twice due to flicker and low ignite. Good news though is that Matt @ TRS has the best customer service ever and getting replacements was a breeze.

I'll post up some pic of the 5k Morimoto bulbs and the 5K DDM ones later

Last edited:

likeawp

Reaction score
I've been on a DDM kit for a year now.......no complaints.....however I do admit DDM bulbs are low-quality compared to Morimoto bulbs..........I used a friend's Morimoto bulb on my DDM ballasts and the light output seems brighter and more refined....side by side the Morimoto bulb looks beefier and have thicker materials......just my .02

99accord boi

Reaction score
yea i agree with likeawp ddm isnt very good as people say
my friend got ****ed over we drove to hb to pick up a 55w hi/lo and they said we can only order those online so he does the lights get shipped from china and ended up not working properly so we drove to hb to return them and he recieved a totally different harness and beefier bulbs
jus another victim of outsourcing i know this personally because i did the install

001Stunna

Reaction score
Have you had good experiences with them? I've been using DDM for about a year but mine blew out. I want something that will last me years without it failing on me. The HIDExtra Volt series looks very tempting.

Get a TRS kit(theretrofitsource.com). Switched to them after DDM kits kept crapping out. Been happy for 3years(this coming january)

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Vvme.com my dad has them in his titan since 2011 and they haven't gone out. I plan on buying from them for my H1s retrofit.

Tectonickz

Reaction score
+1 on buying from theretrofitsource.com

If you cheap out you just pay more in the end. Do it right the first time.

Back