4-disk break pad change

jbl2bgone

Reaction score
Dont know if this belongs here. I don't know if someone already posted a DIY or w/e already but does anyone know how to change the rear pads on the 6th gen accord?for some reason my rear left wheel is squeeling, like if that break feeler thing is telling me that the pads are almost worn out, but the thing is that it still has a lot of life left in the pads. Anyone know what is going on? im thinking it is probably time to just change all the pads. or do i just have to relube it or w/e? anyone with any suggestions? i really hate the sound of it, it even makes the sound while im driving, even when im off the breaks, practically makes a sound if the road isnt smooth. i already tried to remove the bottom bolt off the caliper to make it swing open, but it seems like it wasnt meant to swing open or w/e, like you need to remove the all the bolts connected to the caliper just to get to the pads. any help?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Remove both caliper bracket bolts (make sure e-brake is off), remove caliper, remove pads (& rotor if applicable), turn the piston to compress, grease shims and install new pads in the caliper. Reinstall.

Ericthecarguy probaby has a DIY video on YouTube or his website. It's not a bad job.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
what he said /\

to turn the pistons, use pliers like this:

RearCaliperTool-vi.jpg

or I got one of these for ~$3:

piston_tool2.jpg

turn clockwise. it pulls the piston in. turn it all the way!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
ah, you borrowed it, free...

if they gave it to you free...I'd be waiting in line :p (even though I can get by without one :D )

Back