Darton Sleeves

Ty92x

Reaction score
Hey guys hows it going I have a question about Darton sleeves for a F23A1. I was told that the F22 Darton sleeves would fit the F23A1 is this true and if so how big of a bore can you go on the F23A1 block

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
What are your goals? What are you trying to do with it?

Just curious. Not many people will over bore and especially sleeve an F23. Most in that situation I would think would swap to an H22 and bore n sleeve that

Ty92x

Reaction score
I plan on doing a G23 NA high compression build but I know I would have to over bore at least 1 mm to match the F23A1 block to the H22 head so I wanted the sleeves to future proof the motor so if I decide to drop compression and boost instead it would be able to handle whatever I throw at it

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Not a G...

This is a G:
18diqzk5g9zewjpg.jpg

Idk if the fit, but they seem like they should, call Darton.

akoutmos

Reaction score
The F22 sleeves should do just fine. Just make sure you get a good machine shop to do the work. Pretty sure there was someone on here that had problems with the sleeves being installed due to a bad machinist.

And while it is not an official "G" series Honda motor, it is common H/F Frankenstein swap vernacular to call it a G23. Everyone understands what he is talking about in this context. Shoot, even Google autocompletes "G23 Frankenstein" lol.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I know, it just messes up Honda speak. The first letter describes the block. They have DOHC on F and D blocks.

Ty92x

Reaction score
What about bore size? How big can I go? I know the bigger you go the lower the compression gets unless you compromise with high compression pistons but I don't want to go to big that I would have to get huge dome pistons because that can mess up the quench of the Air/Fuel mixture and I don't want to do that

Back