CAI bumper issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

okasu

Reaction score
Since I have to take off my bumper to take the resonator out.. does anyone have pics of how to do it? As for installing the v2.. I think I can manage. I just recieved it today. I havent actually looked under the hood for the pins that hold it up.. can anyone provide pics? Sry if its a stupid question. 99 accord.. 4 banger.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
it's super easy... i have no pics lol, but if you have a screwdriver and common sense you should be set.

same goes for the bumper... just look for screws or clips and take them out when u see them, and try to make sure they all go back when you put the bumper back on

okasu

Reaction score
lol kool man. Ima install it tomorrow after college.. I get out at 5 should be installing it round 6:30.. thanks.

02blkaccordcpe

Reaction score
You don't necessarily have to take off your front bumper. I never did when I installed my intake. I just took off the pins holding up the plastic fender lining, or whatever that is, and pulled it back to take out the resonator. You just have to have the fron of your car elevated for that to work.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
02blkaccordcpe said:
You don't necessarily have to take off your front bumper. I never did when I installed my intake. I just took off the pins holding up the plastic fender lining, or whatever that is, and pulled it back to take out the resonator. You just have to have the fron of your car elevated for that to work.

i do the same but i just turn my wheels to have more space but i don't lift the front of the car..

acrod99

Reaction score
If you do decide to remove the bumper/take out the clips-make sure you don't break 'em! I've gone through a lot! haha-and they're not cheap if you want replacement honda ones. napa carries knockoffs but none i got fit as well as real honda.

okasu

Reaction score
Yo, I installed my CAI yesterday. Wow, talk about amatuer status. I think I spent more time struggling putting and taking off the bumper. I do have to admit.. It took me a while but I even hooked the bumper on better. It was my first mod.. never touched any other car under the hood. It took me a while but I got it done.. and done good man.

The V2 sounds like a beast man. Its crazy how loud that sh!t is. HAHA. I was storming the streets around 1 am lol.. ppl must have been like wtf...? HAHA My WS2 comes in on wed... I cant wait. I also through on the site decals.. I ended up messing one of em up. I chopped a piece of the "N" off. I also messed up a big decal.. I forgot to clean the damn window n it partially stuck. Im going to have to order another set from WM. Well overall I am very satisfied with my CAI. I just noticed today how much it whistles... I didnt notice yesterday because I guess I was just to tierd.

acrod99

Reaction score
At least you did it yourself, that's the most important part. Now you know more about the car-nothing wrong with that. keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back