THE Maintenance Materials/Parts Review Thread

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

Please keep all posting that is not a review out of this thread.

Post reviews of routine maintenance parts and materials you have used. From drain pans to spark plugs....it all goes here!!

Format:

Brand & model:
Price paid and from where:
Pros:
Cons:
Final verdict:

Please keep all posting that is not a review out of this thread.
Mobile 1 5w30 w/filter
Price paid $35-45/wfilter depending on sale and where you get it and you DIY.
Purchased from -Autozone
Rating - 10

I started using Mobile 1 after I changed timing belt/seals on my wife's daily driver 1996 toyota avalon. I made the switch right at 132,000 miles, I noticed at first it seem to get more dirty faster.

But as time progressed, the oil stayed cleaner and cleaner...longer. Now after two years of driving city and HWY mix, I can say I'm convinced.

What your looking at is the condition of my oil at 4,970 miles since the last change and 150,970 miles on the car.

Picture352-1.jpg

It's unbelievable clean, and this is why I have switched all my cars to Mobile 1, including my 71 Z car, Accord and Is300.
Picture353-1.jpg

Picture354-1.jpg

I don't know if I'll swear by it, but I may push it to 6k, I just ordered a oil analysis test kit from Blackstone Lab. Will update in my original post, once I get the test kit and have my results from the lab.

Last edited:

Crazyace1

Reaction score
Brand & Model: Ingalls P/N 93055 Engine Torque Dampener.
Price: $136 plus $10 shipping from UltraRev.com
Pro's: Crisper shifting, No wheel hop, better handling "feel".
Con's: A little more vibration but not bad at all.
Final Verdict: No better performance upgrade for the $.

I had one of these Engine torque dampeners for my 02 Civic and loved it. When I bought my 01 Accord, the shifting was not as crisp as I would have liked so I went on line and saw that Ingalls Engineering had just released this kit for the 98-02 Accords as well as Acura CL & TL's. I went to Ultra Rev and Ordered it up. Since I was familar with the kit, it only took me 15 minutes to install (25 minutes on my Civic because it was my first time) and the changes were awsome! The shifting is nice and crisp and it just feels like I'm getting more power to the road. There's no HP gain but this kit puts the power I,ve got to the road more efficiently.

I highly recommend it. I do feel a little more vibration in the cab but that's to be expected as the the kit is a shock absorbing link between the engine and the chassis. I noticed it right after I installed it but now that I have been driving it for a few days, I don't really notice it at all.

I couldn't get a picture to upland but you can see pictures of how it looks at this link http://www.ingallseng.com/.

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
Brand and Model: Honda ATF-DW-1 Transmission Fluid
Price paid and from where: $25.71 for 3 quarts at my local Honda dealer
Pros: The transmission seemed to shift more smoothly after I changed from Walmart ATF.
Cons: A little expensive
Final verdict: Because the 6th Gen transmissions are so f***** up, Honda ATF should be the only one you use.

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
Brand and model: NGK V-Power Nickel Spark Plugs
Price paid and from where: 12.45 for 5 (2.49 each) from O'Reilly Auto Parts
Pros: Car idled way lower than it did before. Better throttle response.
Cons: None.
Final Verdict: Should always use the factory specified spark plugs in the Accord. :)

Last edited:

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
Brand and model: Bendix Brakes Global Front Brake Rotors
Price paid and from where: 39.90 from SummitRacing.com
Pros: Stopped quicker and with more ease
Cons: None.
Final verdict: Great front rotors for a great price!

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
Brand and model: FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter
Price paid and from where: Don't remember from Walmart
Pros: Smelled wayyyy better then the old ones because the previous owner smoked. Infused with baking soda.
Cons: I think I remember that they were a little expensive.
Final Verdict: A must if the previous owner smoked like a chimney.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Brand & Product Name: RED LINE SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner
Price paid and from where: $12.99 from O'Reilly Auto Parts
Pros:
・Cleans injectors, carburetors, valve and combustion chamber deposits with a concentrated blend of the most powerful high-temp and low-temp detergents available
・Cleans to nearly 100% efficiency in one treatment
・Reduces need for octane by up to two points
・Contains synthetic upper cylinder lubricant
・Cleans pollution control valves
・Uses one bottle per tank for most effective treatment of neglected vehicle
・Uses in smaller doses for maintenance as one bottle treats up to 100 gallons
・Safe for continual use
Cons: Price being relatively on the higher side among other FSCs
Final verdict: Using this every 3~4K mi., since '07 often and on, but no issues until this date.

IMAG5046_zps5lpt2oi3.jpg

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
Brand & model: ROCAR

Price paid and from where: $120 from eBay

Pros: OE quality and specs, direct fit, no fitment issues. I had all my motor mounts busted except the rear one and my cheap asian self did not want to buy expensive OEM ones so i poked around eBay and found ROCAR. Some people on the Mazda forum use it and they were highly recommended there so i decided why not? 120 bucks for all mounts and transmission mount? I was sold. I have had no issues so far with the mounts. Car rides amazing now. No extra vibrations or any of that. For the price you pay and what you get is really worth it. I changed all the mounts including the transmission mount since why not lol lets see how they hold up in the long run but i have high hopes. They are also solid rubber mounts.

Cons: NONE

Final verdict: Love them and I recommend them to anyone in need of new motor mounts and dont want to pay full price for OEM ones.

Back