20mm tl rsb

jwong512

Reaction score
The stock bar on sedans are 16mm and on coupes it's 17mm. I have a sedan and I upgraded on it a barely lowered car and I noticed a big difference if you do some hard driving. I mean the progress bar is an even bigger difference but to be honest, if you don't take turns insanely fast or drive fast, you won't really require the big upgrade. Rear sway bars only makes a difference on turns and you won't feel it driving on a straight road.

sabSquishy

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, stock bar is 16mm, TL is 17mm, and progress is 24mm. Thr big difference however between stock and TL is the stock is hollow and the TL is solid. Thats why we feel a difference in the 1mm. Thr overall volume is a lot more. If you want to do the math you van but I'm not sure how hollow our bars are.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i paid 140 for mine and about 25 each for moog endlinks...trust me, it's worth it. i was taking corners at 60 and it felt like i was doing 30. i guess it depends on what you're going for. but progress and moogs are the best options..and still only 200 total. pay 50 for something you won't feel at all since it's only 1mm or pay 200 and it'll turn your car into a different animal.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
its not 1mm diff btw tl and ours, i just did mine saterday, u wont notice 1mm and i def noticed tha dif in size , here recently its been real windy and i usta get blown almost off tha road at times, now its like im more planted , same thing with curves, i got tl sway bar with moog endlinks

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
of course, its all about what ur willing to spend an u get what u pay for, i as just tryn to clear up some bad info, i researched alot before buying and i dnt street race,circuit,or drag so just wasnt necceicary for me. that extra 105 i deiced to donate a lil buy blackout tape and new 6.5 speakers to upgrade stock ones, its all about the right info and prefrence

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, stock bar is 16mm, TL is 17mm, and progress is 24mm. Thr big difference however between stock and TL is the stock is hollow and the TL is solid.
6GA Sedan 16mm
6GA Coupe 17mm
04-08 TL 6MT 20mm
07-08 TL-S 20mm

Progress 04+ TL RSB 24mm

its not 1mm diff

It's 3 or 4mm... and when you're dealing with torsional rigidity, each millimeter makes an exponential difference.

You can see why an 8mm (or 7mm) jump with the Progress RSB will make a HUGE difference.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i just read half way through and i guess i picked up bad info from someone else on this thread lol. well anyway, it's your money so spend the way you want. suggestion is coils first then whichever sway bar you want.

Back