F23 turbo manifold question

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I've been looking for a manifold but there ain't many choices I know the best route would be to have one made but that will be expensive. I'm only planning on running low boost for now so this is basically a starter kit where everything will be upgraded down the line. The only things I have found are on eBay (unless someone can direct me elsewhere), so it's stainless obx or cast one. I read a lot about obx ones breaking at the welds so I don't know about grabbing one. Any input from boosted people would be great.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!!!!!! I don't know how I could not find it I was on bloody google for 2 hours. :waytogo::waytogo:

What about a down pipe? Clearly you know where to look

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Because each exhaust is different, the downpipe piece may require some custom modification. I'd recommend fabbing one up, get a flange depending on the type of turbo outlet you have, then get mandrel bent piping.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!!!!!! I don't know how I could not find it I was on bloody google for 2 hours. :waytogo::waytogo:

What about a down pipe? Clearly you know where to look

I've been around awhile :)

As russian said, the downpipe will be custom usually for most fwd cars b/c it's solely based on turbo, turbo location, crossmember, etc.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Oh, another pearl of wisdom - when it comes to a cast LOG-style manifold, one is as good as another. Cast iron is cast iron. You can probably source a solid one on ebay, cheaper than Treadstone brand. Pay attention to where the wastegate flange is, ideally it should be right in the middle to collect and expel all the gases evenly at more or less even pressures across all banks. The casting quality is approximately the same, I'd be surprised if that was an issue, but then again, if it becomes one, you should probably upgrade to a ramhorn, or get a ramhorn one to begin with.. Considerations to be had when initiating a build. If you do choose ramhorn, definitely check weld quality, with this route brand DOES make a difference. If you do ramhorn, it will affect how your turbo mounts, and thus how your exhaust downpipe will be fabricated.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Ram horn I guess would be straight custom? cuz I ain't seen one for f23 motors.. This again is basically a beginners setup just to get it all up and running, this would be my first boosed car. Everything will be upgraded eventually.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ram horn I guess would be straight custom? cuz I ain't seen one for f23 motors.. This again is basically a beginners setup just to get it all up and running, this would be my first boosed car. Everything will be upgraded eventually.

I was just letting you know for long-term consideration. A nice one, yes, would be a custom fab job. An eBay one would be available, but you'd want to reinforce the welds around flanges, and particularly any support brace welds.

Read this about 7 times before taking any further action: http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Last edited:
Back