Name this Vehicle. ( up to first 6 post counts)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
that roof is distinctive... :lawl:

about the bagheera:

the Bagheera was created using stock Simca components, including the engines, gearbox and suspension elements, but unlike the Simca cars it shared them with, it was a mid-engined car

The Bagheera's body was made of polyester, mounted on a steel structure. It was formed in the shape of a sleek hatchback, with a rear hatch that allowed access to the engine mounted behind the passenger compartment. There was only one row of seats, but it featured an unusual combination of three abreast. The Bagheera remains one of the few three-passenger sports cars.

Very few Bagheera's remain in existence today, as they were suffering badly from quality issues (the Bagheera won the ADAC Silberne Zitrone = "Silver Lemon" award in 1975 for the poorest quality car of that moment) and extensive body rot. Though the polyester panels couldn't rust, the underlying steel chassis had almost no protection.

crazy french :lawl:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I have a high res of that pic I posted and a few others from that series (I think they were press photos or something) on my external hard drive at home if you're interested. :lawl:

Drift

Reaction score
Ryan you're not allowed to play this round becasue I have a feeling you'll get it as soon as you see it...........

WUT.jpg

1978 Volvo 262C by Bertone

32214051040_large.jpg

Im on my netbook and I dont have a program to crop photos on it. I'll post something up when I get home later.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I should have banned Nick from this one too. I was waiting for a bunch of noob "Cutlass" and "Cadillac" posts.........

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
would hit that if they made more than a few without landau tops :eh:

seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I hear you, but think about when these brick coupes were made.......you weren't **** if you didn't have a landau top! :lawl:

volvo_262c_bertone.jpg

images

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
did not **** bricks when i saw it :lawl:

also, the interior is something else on these :lawl:

digital portions of the dash are soooooooooooo late 70s early 80s

23udb85.jpg

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
My god that interior gives me flashbacks.

When I was in high school I went skiing in norther NH with some friends. Wanted to take my 96 Eclipse because we needed another car but my dad said no (I was 17).

Ended up in a friends 86 (IIRC) Volvo 240. The engine seized on the way back. In a snow storm. When it was 10* out. We waited for a tow truck for two hours. I got mild frostbite on my toes.

Dad:

images

Back