my car after some stlye changes

retroshark

Reaction score
i recently redid my wheels to create a new look for my car. later this month im also ordering an h22 head, skunk2 throttle body, and possibly an h23/22 throttlebody plus an oem prelude header to start my g23 build. more details to come on that, but in the mean time, i completely revamped my audio system. the parts i ordered are:

291094587DEH-P680MP_lg.jpg

291600357PRS-D4000F_lg.jpg

291600326PRS-D2000T_lg.jpg

35027TS-C160R_big.jpg

192089277TS-D901P_big.jpg

153020670TS-W126C%20new%20large.jpg

Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP CD Receiver,
2 Pioneer Premier TS-C160R 6.5",
2 Pioneer Premier TS-D901P 6"x9",
2 Pioneer TS-W12DVC 12",
Pioneer Premier PRS-D2000T 2 chan,
Pioneer Premier PRS-D4000F 4 chan

plus new wirring etc.

retroshark

Reaction score
and finally, here is my car, all new and restyled! im getting my exhaust chopped and shortened in a few days time so the muffler is more flush with te bumper. im also lowering it more with coilovers but probably ot til i calculate the new engine weight. for that ill have to roll my fenders couple of degrees, but then ill be sitting really flush. i plan to lower an other inch in the rear and inch and half in the front.

DSCF3553 copy.jpg

DSCF3554 copy.jpg

DSCF3559 copy.jpg

DSCF3563 copy.jpg

DSCF3568 copy.jpg

DSCF3569 copy.jpg

DSCF3572 copy.jpg

DSCF3576 copy.jpg

DSCF3579 copy.jpg

retroshark

Reaction score
the system sounded crap with my old sony xplods. just wasnt sounding right wih such poor speakers. so last niht i installed jsut the amps and the two subs and wow, it was a huge improvement, and by huge i mean like king kong huge.

the subs i knew had somed serious sound already, i ordered them for a close friend. but now i can run them properly without all the special "loud" modes on my old head unit and they are much better. the loud mode just sort of emulates having a more full spectrum of speakers in the car. now that i have subs that actually have a wider frequency range, i dont need it.

theother speakers are comming in a few hours, and i already have the old ones out. im just running the wiring (since the front stage is all amped externallly from the new head unit)

all together it should sound badass. the oly thing im going to do is try and dynomat my trunk, or just get the enclosure really strapped down, because right now, if you stand and listen to the subs with the trunk open, it has a lot of rattle, but inside the car, you dont hear it. also not e that underneath that panel with the subs, there is a fiberglass semi sealed enclosure (semi sealed meaning i couldnt seal it up totally lol. but it also made a huge difference from just the ppanel being there.

this whole thing is an experiment so im reall learning what works and doesnt work.

later this week ill have news on what head im buying for my motor (what head meaning what year h22 head) and hopefully in a few weeks ill have all the engine parts ordered. this part of the build should cost me around 1000 if i do it right. thats for:

h22 head
skunk2 intake manifold
throttle body (oem/skunk2/maxbore'd oem)
header (oem/aftermarket SS)
chipped ecu/standalone ecu
time time time

so yea, well see how it goes. since my family is gonna be away, im driving my moms jeep during the build. thats going to help me out a lot, since in the past id have to have EVERYTHING before i attempted to start a project incase i had to run out.

Jefften10

Reaction score
First I have always like your car, and I wanted to congratulate you on your new upgrades.
Second, as it relates to a g23 build, I know a good bit on the subject as I have done hours of research on that. I see you are going h22 (vtec) route instead of h23 (non-vtec) route. I think they are both potent and will work sucessfully and cheaply if you do it right. Warning though that h22 is a much tougher route due to the holes you need to drill in your blokc to allow oil to flow. Also messing with the VTEC solinoid has caused many problems with attempts to create g23 vtec. I am still working on my g23 non vtec as I just haven't had much time to complete. I wish you good luck, and I f you have questions about anything let me know, I can give you some great links for research.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
what happened to ur H22 motor? as for a G23, it's actually using a H23 head.... not sure abt the H22 head fitting, but some modifications might be required.... great choice of parts tho

retroshark

Reaction score
ifi can find an h23 head, ill do it non vtec. i jsut love vtec. but i think i could make it work with an h22 head. i know its been done before. i also thought about using an f22b or whatver the f series DOHC head is. i just want to use an aftermarket intake manifold, so well see. right now, im still looking at h22 heads and if need be, ill drill some holes lol.

Back