my car after some stlye changes

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
retroshark said:
i also thought about using an f22b or whatver the f series DOHC head is.

i think its the f20 head......like off some european accords. the sir's maybe? im not too sure. i htink the f20s came in a few euro r's too, haha. but yea, its the f20 im sure. the f22's came in 5th gens and 4th gens. unless you mean you wanna get a new s2k f22 head, hahaha. thatd be sweet to try out too. good luck with everything tho man. :)

Accordingly

Reaction score
I have all pioneer premier also. Ive had my setup for 5 years now and still love it just as much as when i first put it in! (nothing has blown or gone bad either) Good choice!

retroshark

Reaction score
thanks for the abøve info.

anyways, i finally got all my sound **** at 6.30 pm after waiting all ****ing day long. it took a hell of a lot of backyard engineering to get the stuff installed.

first problem... the tweeters didnt fit in the stock tweeter holder thing. so i used the supplied double sided tape that supposed to hold the tweeter mounts down to hold the tweeter in the metal bracket that screws onto the cover. that worked great.

next, i realized the new 6.5" speakers mounted about an inch deeper. that wouldnt clear the window if it was rolled down. so, i used the old speaker mounting plate and baffle to make a raised mount for the new ones. for that, i had to cut all the **** from behind it so it was just a ring. again, worked perfect.

lastly, and probably the mmost horrible problem i ran into was the 6X9"s. they didnt fit at all. yes they lined up, but they mounted nearly 2 inches deeper than the stock ones and didnt even nearly clear the trunk springs (big metal bars that sit right below the speakers) anway, so the speakers came with these fancy grills, and i knew i wasnt gonan need them so i cut the middle parts out of it, again making a ring and used the grill that already had the screw holes in it, and just screwed the speakers in from behind and voila! they both fit in just right. i had to trim a lot of **** out from the rear speaker covers, and they dont even nearly fitr over the new speakers, so im going to either have to make some new ones, or just live with none or the old ones with a little gap at the sides (which you can barely see anyway)

anyways, enough talking, heres the install pics, including little step by steps photos of how i ghetto rigged the old speaker mounts to fit the new ones :)

oh and the most important part.... the system sounds unbeleivable. at just 40 volume on the HU, the sound is screaming. its so loud, but its clear as ****. everything from teh bass to the highs is incredible. and at high volume the highs stay crystal clear, and the tweeters are audible even with the bass up.

i was listening to some classic floyd and the who, and the sound made me get goosebups. this was truly the best money spent so far on my car. i cant get over how amazingly good these speakers sound. its like stock and now arent even comparable. its totally out of this world. my brother was in awe of it and i wish you gusy could be here to hear it beacause its just that good. so if anyones in atlanta and wants to hear it, call me :)

picture time.

DSCF3606 copy.jpg

DSCF3607 copy.jpg

DSCF3608 copy.jpg

DSCF3609 copy.jpg

DSCF3610 copy.jpg

DSCF3611 copy.jpg

DSCF3612 copy.jpg

DSCF3613 copy.jpg

DSCF3615 copy.jpg

DSCF3616 copy.jpg

DSCF3617 copy.jpg

Low'n Slow

Reaction score
Lookin good man! A good system for the car is worth its weight in gold, just add's tons of enjoyment to the driving expierence.
The stock 6x9's are always funny to look at!

retroshark

Reaction score
haha yea. i was like wow, now i know why im replacing this crap. ive decided to remove the fiberglass enclosure from behind the floor plate in my trunk. its making the subs rattle too much, so im going to just make sure the thing is fixed down and then use some insulation padding to dampen beneath the subs.

Back