OEM Lip on 6.5gen Front Bumper [5sixk nuh-uh]

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
any update on this? id pay more than normal price for this lip......:ugh2:

Did you read the thread? I'd guess not since the answer is within the thread. And to add a comment to your post, there is no "normal price" for a custom one-off lip. MoneyPit broke down the pricing regarding the materials and labor and it came out to about $2000, so if you're willing to pay more than THAT price I'm sure he'd probably consider fabricating another one for you.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Did you read the thread? I'd guess not since the answer is within the thread. And to add a comment to your post, there is no "normal price" for a custom one-off lip. MoneyPit broke down the pricing regarding the materials and labor and it came out to about $2000, so if you're willing to pay more than THAT price I'm sure he'd probably consider fabricating another one for you.

I made mine for about $200, including paint but it was fiberglass. My design was a bit different but I could have made it this way pretty easily as well. Since you are going off a lip that is pretty close to fitting, it isn't a whole lot of work.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Thank you all for the positive opinions and kind words regarding this lameness. It's feels good to see the support from the 6ga community.

Just to clarify for Baysonr- they are not replicating "moneypits" oem front lip. Moneypit never talked to Baysonr and was not willing to speak to them , Vimal was the one who was talking directly to baysonr about replicating the oem lip.

^^^ I don't know what exactly went on, baysonr wanted me to clarify for them because they had trouble posting.
No offense, but I wanted to put yours posts side-by-side so that you can see how ridiculous your responses in this thread look. I had contact with Bayson regarding replication of MY DESIGN. Maybe next time you won't speak for somebody else in a situation you know nothing about.

This is exactly the behavior I would expect from Simon. It is on par with the type of responses I received from him when I attempted to reach him numerous times.

I made mine for about $200, including paint but it was fiberglass. My design was a bit different but I could have made it this way pretty easily as well. Since you are going off a lip that is pretty close to fitting, it isn't a whole lot of work.
Obviously, I wouldn't be producing these lips just to "break even." The OEM lip alone (when it can be found) is ~$250 and a clean paint job won't run less than $175. Add about $50 in materials and another 25-ish hours of labor and you've got an expensive custom lip.

In the end, you get what you pay for. Not to downplay the amount of work you put into your lip, but the approach I took in order to make a completely OEM-looking product was much more intricate than any of the previous attempts.

Last edited:

BkzTafetta

Reaction score

yes i did read the thread a while back....but since im doing my front end this lip is the one i want....so i looked it up....and no offense to anybody here but i wasnt gonna go and read 20 pages again.....so no reeson to be a jackass.....lots of ppl on here r like grouchy old ppl they come out ridiculously wreckless for something so simple....you just wasted your energy typing all the extra sarcastic ques....but hey...watever makes u happy....

Nismode

Reaction score
yes i did read the thread a while back....but since im doing my front end this lip is the one i want....so i looked it up....and no offense to anybody here but i wasnt gonna go and read 20 pages again.....so no reeson to be a jackass.....lots of ppl on here r like grouchy old ppl they come out ridiculously wreckless for something so simple....you just wasted your energy typing all the extra sarcastic ques....but hey...watever makes u happy....
It was on the 1st page/first post when he edited it, just letting you know.

Sad to see this project go this way though.

Back