1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 12/12-Semi completed

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread

Thanks guys.yes i painted my car last year and made the 150$ DYI professional paint job thread..I was not happy with the color turn out due to improper mixing at the store,turned purple one way,blue the other.BMW blue also.

But now im going for a more traditional Knighthawk black blue pearl,honda color.
tossing all CF parts going all OEM with custom lip kit front/side and WW rear.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread

I have to admit I hate to see the blue go because it's rare and such a nice shade, but I can understand you're ready for something different. Progress is awesome, looking forward to updates.

your car looks sick without the fenders and hood

Have to agree, there is something cool about this:

CIMG2787-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

RAT-CORD.

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 10.30

UPDATE 10/30
Finished the used hood,fenders and blocked and re-primed my shaved spoiler hole trunk.
Dont pay attention to the mess in the garage,it will be cleaned after this is posted.ha
CIMG2788.jpg

CIMG2789.jpg

CIMG2790.jpg

CIMG2791.jpg

CIMG2792.jpg

Primed;
CIMG2793.jpg

CIMG2794.jpg

(still lil tacky when shot taken,why its shiny in spots)
CIMG2795.jpg

CIMG2796.jpg

CIMG2797.jpg

Now Clay is on his way to drop of an OEM front bumper and my drivers side skirt so i can finish my molding xenon sides and start working on the front lip fitment!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

keep going! :lolrun:
Thanks man..I should have the jambs painted next weekend and hopfully start on the front lip and finish the drivers side skirt.still waiting on bump and side

Sweet! If i drive to u and pay u can u do mine? lol

ha yea but you will need to stay for like a month.ha only work on personal stuff on weekends..ha :roy:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

This is very impressive.

My question though, with doing all this prep/prime/paintwork in your garage, what are you doing to keep dust particles from getting caught in the primer/paint/clear coat?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

I wasn't worried about dust for primer due to it being sanded back out anyways..as for when im going to paint/clear.I make a portable PVC paint booth.with some box fans and filters.and hose down the concrete so nothing blows around/up off the ground

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I wasn't worried about dust for primer due to it being sanded back out anyways..as for when im going to paint/clear.I make a portable PVC paint booth.with some box fans and filters.and hose down the concert so nothing blows around/up off the ground

Nice.......definately can say you are being thorough.

If only I lived closer to GA.......you could keep the car for a month and do what you needed to do!

Back