The Legend GS brake swap information thread

Shadow1

Reaction score
Pads that fit the bracket, so pads for a v6 6GA

Thanks man.

I did some pricing. From auto zone the parts come up to about $240. Might be more depending on what pads you go with. Thats prices with the things i listed in my last post. Now that list is only subject if you buy them from auto zone. You'll get a better price if you get them from a junk yard or someone parting out these cars. But the con from getting them from a junk yard is that you might have to rebuild the calipers or other parts.

I plan on buying them from auto zone for the simple fact that ill have a warranty and i know a couple there that could possibly get me a discount. Hehe.

jdowen2

Reaction score
I did this caliper swap awhile ago. It makes a difference in panic situations, maybe 15 or 20 feet from 60 mph. I used stock Honda pads.

WIKid

Reaction score
So have you tried to quantify the performance upgrade at all?

You can tell just by looking its a step up, but I am curious exactly how much its going to cut down your stopping distance.

Its kind of a PITA to measure stopping distance with anything besides butt dyno, but still.

These are the kinds of upgrades I like. The kind you can get at the junkyard for cheap.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the junkyard the other day and found a base line legend and they also have the 23t brackets but have a single piston caliper.
I would assume the bracket is the same as the v6 6gen so I can use it with the gs calipers correct?

Geewiz

Reaction score
Great write up! Think this going to be my next modification. Somehow I've never seen this thread till today.

I have this done to my 02 sedan. Due to uncountable engine blow ups, I'm probably parting out and that's something I would want to sell as a set. If I do create a for sale thread, I'll reference it here including the Lude-VTEC rotors with powder coated edges for rust protecting. Probably got about 12k miles on the rotors.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
I was at the junkyard the other day and found a base line legend and they also have the 23t brackets but have a single piston caliper.
I would assume the bracket is the same as the v6 6gen so I can use it with the gs calipers correct?

the dual piston calipers only came in certain year legend coupes

the brackets should be similar... u can bolt up the legend calipers on the AV6 with no modifications required

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Geewiz and darkside how much are you guys asking? Also I'm trying to stay 4 lug so I need the correct parts to do that.

Back