Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement - Mishap

Aman

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was hoping for a little bit of advice/alternate ideas to the pickle I'm currently in.

While removing the clutch slave cylinder on my 2001 sedan, I made a mistake. I turned the fitting attached to the clutch line, instead of the actual fitting between the slave and line.

The top hex in this picture is part of the clutch line. When replacing the slave cylinder, you are supposed to turn from the lower hex:

As you can see, I essentially sheared it right off. Here's what's left of the line where it should attach to the slave:

On Amazon, a new clutch line is $218 CDN. The dealer wants $288 CDN. I am having a very hard time finding this part at local junkyards.

What do you suggest? Is there some Prelude of 5th gen parts I can Frankenstein in?

Can I get a bolt with the same thread pitch, hole size, but a little longer? I'll clean up the end of the line, JB Weld it on, and the longer thread will still allow it to reach the slave cylinder.

Any advice much appreciated. :)

Varnell

Reaction score
The part number for just the tube assembly, damper is 46960-S84-A07.

The cheapest one I can find comes with the master and slave cylinders.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLUTCH-MAST...998-2002-/301363577888?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

HondaPartsOverstock.com wants $170 for just the line. There are plenty of 6GA 5spds around so call your local junk yards. I'm not sure about using brake lines from other cars. Searching the part number didn't bring up other vehicles.

Aman

Reaction score
Thanks for the search!

I think that eBay ad is just for the master and slave cylinders. It says the clutch hose may be needed, at a cost of $147.90.

I think I'm going to expand my search for these cars at junkyards.

Aman

Reaction score
Update: I ended up finding a guy parting out a 2000 Accord. Got the master, line, and slave for $50. :)

I'm in the process of installing it now. Got almost everything undone except for the retainer holding the clutch line to the firewall. Anyone have experience with that part?

james'99

Reaction score
S843B2320A.gif

I don't but if I have a second, I will look today.

Aman

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. The #20 parts are what I was talking about.

I ended up getting those off and pulled out the old line. The new line I rerouted behind the intake manifold, along the top of the firewall. Everything is finally installed, hopefully going to bleed it tomorrow and have it operational for the first time in three weeks. :)

Thank you, Varnell and James for the help!

james'99

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. The #20 parts are what I was talking about.

I ended up getting those off and pulled out the old line. The new line I rerouted behind the intake manifold, along the top of the firewall. Everything is finally installed, hopefully going to bleed it tomorrow and have it operational for the first time in three weeks. :)

Thank you, Varnell and James for the help!

You got it buddy! Good to hear!

Aman

Reaction score
Welp, this car seems eager to prevent me from fixing it. My current challenge is with part #3 in the picture below. The clip holding the master cylinder to the clutch hard line:

Taking it out was a nightmare. Reinstalling it is like something out of a Stephen King novel.

How did you folks do it? Do I have to pull the M/C and take apart the fitting?

Aman

Reaction score
Last question, I promise:

This is how the clutch slave cylinder/clutch fork look when the clutch pedal isn't depressed. Does this mean I need a new clutch?

That's what my mechanic said. That boot should be completely snug when the clutch is engaged/pedal not depressed.

Just looking for a second opinion. :)

Back