[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

james'99

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/20] J32 Swap [She's Alive]

After three hours of wiring, to no avail, I decided I had had enough and went home frustrated. Went back to the shop yesterday and spent another hour messing around with it when I finally decided the switch must be bad. Pulled the interlock switch out of my 5spd and she fired right up like she's supposed to. I'm having the car looked over today to make sure that I'll be able to pass a state inspection. Hoping to be driving her home tonight.

At this point, the wiring isn't the prettiest, but I'd rather finish up the soldering in the convenience of my own driveway. The only thing not functional is the reverse lockout, but I was told it isn't required for inspection so I'll get around to wiring sometime down the road. Videos and pics ensuing. My phone is almost always dead when I'm at the shop, mostly due to using it as a flashlight. lol

Video prease.

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/24] J32 Swap [Prepping For Inspection]

Will do. This thing is a beast. Well, quite a step up from 150hp anyway. Think I fried my turn signals during the wiring process. Probably just a fuse.

It's gonna be hard to baby this thing for 500-900 miles. lol

james'99

Reaction score

Will do. This thing is a beast. Well, quite a step up from 150hp anyway. Think I fried my turn signals during the wiring process. Probably just a fuse.

It's gonna be hard to baby this thing for 500-900 miles. lol

Just get on the highway and keep driving. Haha!

When you say turn signals aren't working, make sure everything is right about your hazard switch. Turn signals won't operate without it.

Varnell

Reaction score

wish i could have afforded to do this before i sold my accord

Never too late. Accords and J32s getting cheaper every day.

Did my first burnout. It was really just a launch from rest. Saw smoke come out of the fenders and immediately thought the engine blew. My mind couldn't comprehend that a stock honda engine could do that. With a new clutch and flywheel I'm really going to baby it now. I just couldn't resist after a year of anticipation. lol

Varnell

Reaction score

Awesome buddy! Looking to sell the 5 speed now?

I'll probably keep it for a few months. Slowly transfer parts and give the new engine time to settle in without CELs. I guess I could put it up for sale on here, but I haven't seen many NC members.

20150428_152801.jpg

20150428_152811.jpg

20150428_152923.jpg

20150428_152948.jpg

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/28] J32 Swap [Finally Home]

So was it too difficult on doing your own harness? I'm getting close to giving up on these two harness leads that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varnell

Reaction score

So was it too difficult on doing your own harness? I'm getting close to giving up on these two harness leads that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. Very basic wiring as long as you know what goes where. Fortunately for you, I won't disappear like CrazySpade after completing my swap if you have any specific questions. lol

Varnell

Reaction score

Wiring Diagram:

J32wiring.jpg

Clutch Safety Switch Wiring:

Blue/White is Clutch Safety Switch. Black wire is the ground.

20151228_154342.jpg

My finger is on the black ground wire from the clutch. I used this bolt on the dash as the ground.

20151228_154416.jpg

Next to the driver's side fuses, connect the Blue/White wire to this wire. I stripped a bit of the plastic and tied them together to make sure it worked before soldering.

20151228_154202.jpg

The Blue/White wire connecting by the fuse box needs to be connected to the Blue/White wire from the clutch and they all need to be connected to the Blue/White wire on the CL-S ecu (pin #17).

20151228_154224.jpg

Last edited:
Back