Rear lower arm bolt snap off...Any idea what to do?

fpr poutine

Reaction score
I purchased ff2 and for the past week ive tried to install my coilovers. Today i'm finally done with the the front coils, but has I begann working on the rear lower arm bolt it snap! What can i do now ?

option #1 : take it to a shop. Not my favorite option but its the easiest.
option #2 : Can i drill the bolt out?
option #3 : Can i hit the bolt with a hammer to pop it out?
option #4 : torch the bushing and the bolt

Second question

Were can i find new bolt ? i know i could get bolt from the hardware store but are they strong enough ?

james'99

Reaction score
S823B2900.gif

Are you talking about 26 and 29? I honestly think I'd go with an OEM part on this one purely for safety concerns.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...X+(V6)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=REAR+LOWER+ARM

Trying to picture what you are talking about. Did the head snap off? That being the case, a hammer and a smaller bolt should push it on through. Leave the upper strut nuts on to relieve the bolt of the weight of the strut. These should be last out. Put a jack underneath the arm to relieve the bottom a little bit. Hopefully that gets you done but maybe pictures would help?

james'99

Reaction score
left_rear_suspension_parts_2_zpsji2vt3xs.jpg

its the lower mounting bolt head that snaped

On my phone, I can't see too well but is it rounded off? Get vicegrips on there as tight as possible and get a socket on the opposite side and wrench it off... Hopefully...

Edit: Wait, it this a stock photo? Not your car, right? Can you email me a picture of yours?

Back