RPM echo in speakers

6genaccord

Reaction score
So my stereo just started echoing my rpms at a very high pitch... at first I thought I had a leaf stuck in my tire or something with a belt...but when I turned my radio off it went away. Is this just a bad ground? It just started today and has been fine for months.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Definitely the ground. Try relocating it if it appears to be good (sanded paint, tight bolt)

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Don't know if you have an amp hooked up but if it's a cheap one, it'll do that also. It's the Alternator whining that you're hearing.

6genaccord

Reaction score
i don't have an amp and i actually noticed...it seems to only do it when i connect a certain iPod to it...is that just rediculously weird? could it be the iPod?

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Is the iPod being supplied power, like from the cigarette lighter? I get loud feedback when my iPod is charging, but not any other time.

Definitely the ground. Try relocating it if it appears to be good (sanded paint, tight bolt)

Scratch that, I thought you had an amp

6genaccord

Reaction score
Is the iPod being supplied power, like from the cigarette lighter? I get loud feedback when my iPod is charging, but not any other time.

whoa thanks. thats what it was. would've taken me awhile to figure that one out on my own...

thats what 6thgenaccord.com is all about :thumbsup: :roy:

Back