front seat removal

ryon527

Reaction score
What precautions are there when removing the front seat if you have the side airbags. I have to take out my seat so I can put my amp under it and I really want to have the seat removed so I can do a good job on the install. The only thing I heard of was to disconnect the battery and wait five minutes. I don't want the air bag blowing up in my face when I disconnect the harness. thanks

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I think theres a plug of some sorts that you need to un-do...the clip under my seat is green. I would take a pic, but my camera's flash isn't working. Just to be safe, I'd disconnect the battery.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh man, haha, ive heard let the thing go for 5 minute, 10 minutes, even 15 minutes. to be on the safe side, i would remove the clock fuse (7.5 fuse on passenger side) the ecu fuse under the hood and disconnect the battery for like a 1/2 hour........just to be safe;).

klee

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
What precautions are there when removing the front seat if you have the side airbags. I have to take out my seat so I can put my amp under it and I really want to have the seat removed so I can do a good job on the install. The only thing I heard of was to disconnect the battery and wait five minutes. I don't want the air bag blowing up in my face when I disconnect the harness. thanks

Disconnect the battery first. Depending on what year Accord you have, there is a single plug under the seat. Unplug that and you will be fine.

blackaccord69

Reaction score
i worked with a power leather seat out of an 01, 1 plug for seat belt, 1 plug for power, and there might be one more for the airbag, just disconnect your battery for 20 min and youll be ok

ryon527

Reaction score
I have an 01. I decided to put the amp in the trunk anyways, thanks for the info. I'm just going to have a 2 channel amp sitting in my spare tire for the components. I took out my sub and other amp because I normally have a bad headache by the time I leave work and don't have my sub loud and I wanted the extra trunk space.

Back