Subs under seat?

mxjoe388

Reaction score
i had an idea to put subs under my back seats and have them aim twards the front in the vertical portion under the seat.i was woundering if there was anything there that would prevent that from happening.i have a 4door

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
have you ever pulled your back seat out??? lol

to answer your question about preventing the install...talk to the floor in your car good luck fitting a sub there

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could put them behind the backs of the seats, but, uhh yea..not under them.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Wouldn't small 6" subs fit under there? I've wondered this myself. I also think the heat would be too much to locate the subs there anyway

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
the only thing you have room for under your rear seat is maybe some old french fries...some change...maybe some pieces of candy...gum wrappers...toothpicks...wires for your subs in the trunk...etc there is NO room for anything else besides small items such as those. if you dont believe me....pull up the bottom cushion in yours, not too hard a few bolts here and there and see the "massive under seat" space you have.

now you might be able to fit maybe a small...flat/low profile sub under your front seats but thats about it.

***edit***
the only thing separating your @ss from this is your cushion!

taken a few weeks ago when i was pulling all of my audio crap out of the car
IMG_0040.jpg

Last edited:

98accordEX

Reaction score
the only thing you have room for under your rear seat is maybe some old french fries...some change...maybe some pieces of candy...gum wrappers...toothpicks...wires for your subs in the trunk...etc there is NO room for anything else besides small items such as those. if you dont believe me....pull up the bottom cushion in yours, not too hard a few bolts here and there and see the "massive under seat" space you have.

now you might be able to fit maybe a small...flat/low profile sub under your front seats but thats about it.

***edit***

IMG_0040.jpg

Geez I sure have done things the hard way...I never even pulled my back seats down when installing my two amps ...and now I can't because somebody vandalized the lock.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Geez I sure have done things the hard way...I never even pulled my back seats down when installing my two amps ...and now I can't because somebody vandalized the lock.

you dont need a key to drop the seat back.... look in the trunk there should be two plastic looking handles (mine are kinda white colored) up by the rear deck....pull those and it'll pop the rear seat(s) loose

what lock?

stand outside your car...look in the rear window at the rear deck.. and you will see a slot to put a key into

TheUAccord23

Reaction score

***edit***

IMG_0040.jpg

holy crud! is that really an old french fry smashed on the upper left corner of the pic?

Back