Unique City-scapes

AFAccord

Reaction score
I've been inspired for some time now, by some incredible city scenes that photographers have done. The first image below is a photo I took in Summer 2006 in K-town Germany. It's not my best attempt, but i think it most greatly demonstrates the look I'm going for.

The second image below is perhaps a perfect example of what I'm aiming for. I do not know the origins, or the photographer of this image, and do not claim it as mine. I am simply posting it as it inspires me so greatly.

The key features I've come up with that constructs images like this are as follows:

-Wide angle.
-Very large depth of field.
-Often HDR, or HDR look.
-Vivid colors mixing warm and cool features.
-Many lines focusing from the corners, to the center of the image.
-An attractive road surface.

If anyone has more criteria they'd like to point out, please do so.

My image:
_MG_0536-2.jpg

Unknown Photographer:
king_evening_perspective_pink-sk-1.jpg

lwlba

Reaction score
wow.. the photo u found is really great! haha i wish i can take pictures like that. im a noob :(

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
the main diff between the 2 photos is the time of day....and weather...definitely looks to be HDR.....but maybe a RAW converted HDR because the headlights on the cars aren't streaks(so in other words a faster shot in RAW with exposure turned up instead of using a longer shutter speed)...but really the timing of the shot with the clouds...looks to be right at sunset....right when the streetlights come on....is what makes this shot

and the wide ange really helps play off the symetry of the street...

Back