need some help please!!

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
hello 6thgen i need some help...i want to upgrade my system and i want to get 2 15 inch kicker L7's for my sedan. some of my questions are is would the 15's fit in my sedan? what kind of enclosure should i get? (sealed or vented)? and what kind of amp should i get? please i need help guys i would really appreciated. thanks 6thgen.

twrbackman

Reaction score
I had 2 memphis 15's in my sedan and it fit just fine. I built box to spec and tuned it for 40hz with only 600watts it hit 138.9dbs w/ back seats down. So Just make sure w/ l7's u have plenty of power and u'll easily be in the 140db range

lwlba

Reaction score
from my point of view.. i see different things.

are u going to competition? if not.. do u really need them?

and if u are going to competition.. shouldnt u be doing more research?

but then again... wat do i know and everyone have their own ideas. gl to wat ur doing tho

lyttleviet

Reaction score
if you are stuck on being loud as hell while sacrificing a bit of sq yes it will fit. I had 2 12" L7s in my street beating days in a prefab sealed box and 1500wrms going to them and it was badass. Get a box built to specs @ 30-35hz and they will slam while hitting the lows... (Ported to answer your question)... Feed them at least 2500wrms conservatively.

Reaction score
A tuned ported box enclosure is best for spl or simply bass. Before you buy your subs make sure you match it to the amp.For example L7 kicker sub runs at 1000watts rms and 2000 peak watts per subwoofer at 2 or 4 ohms. Choose a mono block amplifier that runs minimum at 2000 watts rms because you are running 2 L7. Another important thing that many people overlook is ohms of the amp. Can the amp run 1 ohm stable? or just 2 ohm stable? If the amp can run 1 ohm stable then i would suggest get a pair of 2 ohm version of the kicker l7. If the amp is only 2 ohm stable then get the 4 ohm versions. Remember if you dont have enough minimum watts on your amp theres always the kicker L5 version that require less watts. Another thing that you must consider is how much amps does all that consume,using just a 1500 true power amp will abuse your alternator. No capacitor will help you except a high output alternator. My goal and setup was to run all speakers at a peak flat frequency response meaning any tone i can reproduce at its peak without distortion and also not kill the alternator which im very close too.Hopefully this help.

Last edited:
Back