Sooooooooooooo Happy With My New Deck

Hush

Reaction score
OMG I am so glad that i bought the Eclipse CD5425 yesterday. I was hella thinking about buying it or not, for the whole time i was at the shop. My friend knew the owner of the store and he got to lower the HU from 299 to 240 plus free trim kit and free harness. Eclipse lives up to its name, even for my lower model. This lower model is still good vs many other decks out there. It only has 3 band custumize but i'm still kinda new to the audio game, so that is just fine with me. Not like my friends Eclipse CD5444, which has 6 band adj. I can't wait till i save enough money and go active set up. I plan on running focal's now, after i heard it at the store it mind up my mind, then a IDMax 12 for fun. :D Try to buy an audison LRx 300.4 and run my rears off the HU. I want to drive around so much and listien to music all day, but i don't have any gas left and i don't want to go get gas.

ryon527

Reaction score
I love my eclipse headunit. Can the colors that the buttons light up be changed on yours? I don't like the red. Can you take a pic of your headunit with it turned off, thanks. Ecllipse keeps getting better compared to alpine which keeps getting crapier with lower voltage for the pre outs.

Hush

Reaction score
right now my digi cam is borken, but i'll ask my friend to bring his tonight, cuase i'm finishing lowering my car. (the rear) the hex key on top of the shock stripped and i had no impact wrench to use, but today my friend's friend offered to let me use his air tools. yah yah i know its sad when you see a job only half done. the car feels great in the front but when i start throwing it in the coner the bad laggs and is skipping. BUt yah i got to things done on my car. my HU in last night and finish my lowering today.

o and to answer your question no, the buttoms are always red. even my friends Eclipse CD5444 the best of 05 it stays red.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ryon527 said:
Ecllipse keeps getting better compared to alpine which keeps getting crapier with lower voltage for the pre outs.
mhmmm. only the f#1 status components are worth the money, but theyre $,$$$. dont most eclipse head units have 6v preouts now?

and hey, if youre brave, you can take apart the unit and change the bulbs/filters:rolleyes: ive always wanted to change the color of my old pioneer, but i never got around to it. there was a diy in ca&e last year. it didnt look THAT hard.

sounds like a good pick up, and save up for those focals, they sound amazing indeed.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ryan s said:
and hey, if youre brave, you can take apart the unit and change the bulbs/filters:rolleyes: ive always wanted to change the color of my old pioneer, but i never got around to it. there was a diy in ca&e last year. it didnt look THAT hard.

i wish i could change the blue on my sony cdx-f5710 to green, haha, cuz i have the screen on green and the blue a green together just look ricey imo, but the green goes best with the rest of the interior, haha, so f-it

Hush

Reaction score
I want the New AVN7000 or the AVN6600 from eclipse but then again thats hella bank. I can't find a digi cam yet, So i can't post any picks yet...

NINaudio

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
i wish i could change the blue on my sony cdx-f5710 to green, haha, cuz i have the screen on green and the blue a green together just look ricey imo, but the green goes best with the rest of the interior, haha, so f-it

Sounds like its time to change your interior lighting to blue! :D

I like the eclipse heads, when I get a new head it'll probably be from them. I'm still waiting for dvd-audio to pick up before I spring for a new head. Need something to make it worth my while.....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
NINaudio said:
Sounds like its time to change your interior lighting to blue! :D

haha, yea, but too bad i dont like green and blue together. im trying to put green lighting on the inside. i just think that green and blue look slightly ricey together. but blue does go with a lot of other colors. i like blue with white, black, silver/grey, and well blue, haha. i originally was thinking red interior lighting, but then i was like, wait, illl be the christmas mobile, haha. so basically heres how im going with it:

ext: blacked out
int: original tan with green lighting
engine compt: silver accents.....thats why i got my AEM CAI in silver so it would match with my valve cover and flow good.

idk, i might look into changing the headunits color one day, but its nothing major for me right now.

Back