anyone interested in a DIY?

Kennethlmartin

Reaction score
Over Christmas break I'm going to be sound dampening my entire car as well as doing a complete stereo install. All new speakers, head unit, amps, cables and a sub. If anyone's interested i could take some pictures and notes and put together a detailed DIY of the entire process. Let me know...

blaque~akkord

Reaction score
Over Christmas break I'm going to be sound dampening my entire car as well as doing a complete stereo install. All new speakers, head unit, amps, cables and a sub. If anyone's interested i could take some pictures and notes and put together a detailed DIY of the entire process. Let me know...

welcome to the board!!! thats why we're here for share some knowwwwwledge....hahhaaaa:)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I may have a photo library of my install being done as well, so it would be a good way to share some notes/pointers and offer advice/insight. Appreciate you being willing to share.

Kennethlmartin

Reaction score
Sounds good guys I'll take some good notes and pictures from start to finish. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly cause I'm pretty excited about doing it all myself. I live in the city so it's not an option do things at my place but during Christmas I'll be at my parent's house for about 5 days with a brand new open workshop. If anyone's done this before and has anything to comment about by all means let me know. Problems, advice, suggestions, anything...

As for what I'm installing:

RaamMat BXT Butyl Sound dampener (Floor, Doors, Trunk)
Ensolite MXT Closed Cell Foam (Floor, Doors, Trunk)

Pioneer DEH-6900UB (Cause I want to run a hard drive through it.)

Infinity Kappa 60.7 6 1/2 Components
Infinity Kappa 692.7 6x9s
Profile AP740 Amplifier

Infinity Kappa 102.7w 10" Sub
Profile AP600 Amplifier

StreetWires Multi-Amp Kit
StreetWires 14AWG Ultra Speaker Cable
StreetWires Zero Noise 5 4-channel Patch Cable
StreetWires Zero Noise 5 Stereo Patch Cable

I think it should sound pretty good when I get it all done. Right now I'm not sure if I'm going to mount the speakers in the factory location or put them somewhere else though.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
definitely...the more diys we have the better, especially for those who have never done a full install.

first and most important tip (IMO) is finding the unused grommet on the driver's side firewall to run the power wire through...such a time saver :)

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
definitely...the more diys we have the better, especially for those who have never done a full install.

first and most important tip (IMO) is finding the unused grommet on the driver's side firewall to run the power wire through...such a time saver :)

where exactly is this grommet that you speak of ry ry??

I4 CG5

Reaction score
I ran 12 awg speaker wire through the factory rubber thingy that holds the wires going into the doors. Real PITA. I would recommend putting some sort of lubricant (insert joke here) or a coat hanger or something to help feed it through if you plan to run them through there. I kept the speakers in the stock location but relocated the tweeters. You will have to put a spacer of some sort to put the speakers in the factory location. Hope this helps.

Good choice on the speakers btw. I've had Infinity's for about 5 years and they still sound great

Back