boosting sleeper style

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
well, i've decided to go boosting AFTER I GET A JOB later this year.... i wanna do a sleeper style turbo kit, where a cop might not even know there's a turbo in the car if he popped the hood... here's what i was thinking, so pls give me some feedbacks

1. turbo manifold: most of the turboed accords i've seen have the turbo really high up, thus not allowing space to put in an exhaust manifold( header) cover...is there any maniifold out there tht sits the turbo lower?

2. intercooler: powdercoat or paint? it's gotta be black

3. piping: i was thinking abt using the OEM intake to cover the turbo piping.. maybe cut the OEM intake in half and put it over the piping...then i can hide the BOV in the OEM intake box... doable? will it affect performance?

well, tht's all i've thought of so far in terms of sleeper style..... any inputs would be appreciated :)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i read this first at v6p, and yeah, i deffinately think an STS turbo would be the best for sleeper status, and maybe just use the aem cai piping and route it up to that, then theyd just think you have a cold air intake insted of a turbo, haha.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
seen the STS sytem (or i think it was).... basically a stronger version of the ebay "turbo"... where u have a fan sucking in more air.. not impressed at all..

Philly

Reaction score
no no no, STS is remote mount, where the turbo is mounted at the rear end of your exhaust system. pretty badass on larger displacement vehicles, not sure how effective they would be on our much much much smaller displacement motors.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^ my bad... i was at this V6p meet, and the owner of the site was showing off his project car... one of the things he was talking abt was the lil fan thingy i was talking abt... i have no idea what other ongoing projects he had :p

Back