Heyo! Noob from CT.

ElementK

Reaction score
Hey 6thgen!

I just picked myself up a Nighthawk Black '02 ULEV VTEC Accord SE. I'm digging it, even though it's a 4cyl auto. The thing's great to me. I was wondering though, because I'm a kid and it's my first car, if modding is a realistic and pragmatic option.

I like the exterior, but after seeing what some 17's and a WW lip kit could do, I just want to drop it and let the bodies hit the floor. Yet at the same rate, I'm told this car is just to learn to drive and probably crash, and it's worth it to save the money for my second car.

I want systems, a nice dropped accord that thumps, and something the kids respect. Eh, the woes of a teenage boy. Anyway, I'd just like the introduce myself.

Any tips? Advice?

Thanks guys!
ElementK

IcyAccord

Reaction score
Coupe or .. sedan..?

Well.. this car is going to stay with me till the end of time, so it's just how much effort and love is put into it.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Sedan, sorry. Didn't think the ULEV came in coupe.

:slap: I have a ULEV coupe.

Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you. First car, still young, want respect/attention lol. But yeah definitely do a drop. Either get slammed or just go low. Pics?

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Welcome man. Pics would be nice. I think it all depends on how long you'll have the car. If you really think this car is just to learn on and crash (don't you dare :slap:) then it's probably not worth doing much. But if you think you'll be holding onto it for a while then I'd say it's a better investment that you can enjoy for longer.

ElementK

Reaction score
Haha, I'll try to grab some pics after I wash her. Winter has a way of making me not want to show off the looks.

Are drops expensive to do?

And are they practical, given the New England winters?

Last edited:

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Welcome! And if you're worried about the snow and a drop, get an adjustable suspension. There's a few inches of snow here and mine is still dropped. Just don't be a dumbass and drive into a snowbank

Back