One quick shot

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Just a quick shot of the sunset, no editing except resizing, C&C encouraged!:thumbup:
Bird-sunset.jpg

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
yea, its just this thing my mother has in her garden as a sort of a trellis for plants to grow on, and the little metal bird sits at the top and watches the sunset every evening, haha

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my one comment i guess is that it's a difficult shot to pull off without using a flash as fill. the onboard flash is really not up to the task though :( the duck has to be light enough...but...that blows out the highlights in the sky. thats why the sky is non-existent above the ducks head.

but thats my biggest pet peeve with color pics...with b&w its not a huge deal.

i see you had iso1600 and 1/30" shutter. if you try again another time, id suggest doing it earlier when there is more light...or, wait till there is very little light and use a tripod.

this is the second hardest condition to shoot (high contrast back-lit subject)...with the first being into the sun. not literally looking into the sun lol :slap:

wait, one more thing lol...zoom in/back up a little if needed. that way, the background will be even more blurred and smoother.

youve got the right start, william :)

6genaccord

Reaction score
What he said^^^

If you're not into editing the only thing I could say is to try and take a profile of the duck that way there's no confusion of what the object in the foreground.

You could also superimpose the profile shot to the background in order to maintain your current angle towards the sunset.

And lastly, if you like the angle of the sunset and the bird, edit one shot to show more highlights and details of the bird and then layer that over the original or an edited version with higher contrast to emphasize the nice color you've captured.

But again not sure if you're into manipulation and stuff so my 2 cents might be useless lol

Either way I can see what you're going for. Keep pushing.

ashzero

Reaction score
interesting, but object in the center composition isn't my thing.

also, i see hand blur or too shallow of dof, so even part of the main object is blurred.

i like the idea though.

nexTOme

Reaction score
i thot it was a smiling duck with chopstick on both wing(hands) :rofl:

CHID0

Reaction score
I'm in no way a photographer but i would agree with what these guys are saying.....it would also help if the pic if the subject was either of the front or profile and there was a secondary light source allowing for a highlight of the silhouette although it may compete with the highlights of the background.....definitely a difficult composition. Also backgound may be a bit too out of focus for my taste but i am a layperson so it probably doesn't matter....lol

Back