6.5 Speaker Recommendations?

anthony714

Reaction score
Whats up guys, I need to purchase front speakers for my 2000 4 dr honda accord. I'm looking into the new 2007/2008 Infinity Kappas. Here is my problem. 4 years ago I purchased a set of 6.5 Infinity Kappas and installed it myself. When I roll down my front windows, the speakers damaged my tint =[ and it also interfered with the wiring. So not only did my tint get ruined, my speaker wires would get disconnected when the windows are down, forcing me to open my doors and rewire the speakers.

Ever since then I have no front speakers, only rear. Right now I want to get my tint fixed, and also put in some front speakers. I'm sure most of you guys have aftermarket speakers, so please tell me if you ever had this problem, and what speakers you recommend I get. I'm looking to spend less than $100. Ebay has front Kappas for about $75, which I want, but afraid I'll have the same problem again.

* the Kappas that i bought 4 yrs ago came with these plastic rings with holes (i think for the screws) which I never used. I dont think those make a difference anyways because it was very thin, and I dont think it would place the speakers outward enough to not interfere with the window. (hope this makes sense)

Thank you in advance !

The Wicked One

Reaction score
it doesn't sound like you've got a whole lot of installation experience, why not let the pros do it next time. then open the door up and see what they did different.

try using http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eX9pNMTL2uc/?wm=tn1 It will ask you to enter your vehicle information, and then will only show you speakers that will fit properly, or that require a bit of modification.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
You need to put a spacer in between the door and the speaker so it doesn't hit the window, like some wood or something like that. I just used some thick foam board. I have Infinity Kappa Perfect components and like those

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if you want some **** speakers that go in the stock plastic basket with a little snipping, look for infinity 6012si, and they have to be the "si" model.

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Yea I think if you look at that plastic part it should be instaled because I know my after market speakers on my other car were a little deeper so that placstic part fix my prob. If you want to do it yourself I would just suggest comparing the depth of the speakers and stock speakers to see if you need any extra clearance.

Back