Rsx Type S Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Im new here to 6thgenaccord. And I am no newb
My plans are to do an k20a2 swap does n e one knows it its possible, or does n e one have n e suggestions?

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I'm sure with the right amount of fabrication (and money) for motor mounts and other unseen obstacles you could put just about anything in any car. I've never heard of a 6th gen with a K20 in it. Many people have done the H22 swap with success. Its easily dropped in and the mounts already (almost) match up. I think TitaniumACC has done the H22 swap, you could PM him for more info. Or I'm sure he'll post his thoughts on your planned motor swap.

jcanni

Reaction score
not that i know of. you are better off doing the j32 cl-s motor + tranny swap. you can get a 6spd manual and start with 260hp. rather that the rsx 200hp. the j32 is also a lot easier to wire. the j32 has the potential of being supercharged as well. This has also been successfully done quite a few times.

klee

Reaction score
I've never seen a K20 in an Accord. The amount of fabrication required would not justify the cost in my opinion.

skabone

Reaction score
I know for a fact that hasport is working on a mount kit right now for the k series to drop into a 6th gen. they are backed up with work, but it should be out in the next 6months. its definatly possible, but the engine is what is going to cost the most. I'd say get a TSX K24 and do some NA mods. Its got more tq.

Twobit

Reaction score
how bout you drop a RSX-S engine out of the question..how much does a rsx weigh? how much does an accord weigh? there you go, go for a CL-S engine, it'll be about same amount of money, might be able to just drop it in with little fab and you'll get the most hp out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back