monitor in dash

ryon527

Reaction score
ok i got this crazy idea don't bash me too much. I got an extra bezel off of ebay and I'm planning on molding a monitor into it. The thing is there would be no ac vents, clock, or ac controls. Just the monitor and the normal square opening for the stereo. Is this a really dumb idea or what. It would be something that I would just put in for shows or whatever I wouldn't leave the bezel in all the time. I barely ever use the ac and like I said I wouldn't leave it in that often. I could change the bezel back in like 2 minutes. Opinions please.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
sounds pretty good. with the way my car is now, i could throw a monitor in, but i wont, cuz i like it simple (i guess someone else does too, the ****er) but yea, if you do it, i wouldnt leave it in, cuz of stupid sh!tf*cks like who took my stuff that i worked my *** off for, and it didnt even have any custom molding either, so if i were you, keep it as a show off only kinda thing. sounds like a sweet concept tho. but how you gonna clear up the holes caused by the air vents? like, the screen would cover up some of them, but im pretty sure not all of them.

djpm05

Reaction score
I put a monitor in, but it's in the slot where the CD was. If you want to, do it. just see if you can relocate your AC somewhere else, that would be nice. :)

djpm05

Reaction score
this is my monitor. I can't wait to see the install you do when you do it.

accordmeet049.jpg

ryon527

Reaction score
damn man you got the quality stuff. you must be on mp3car.com right? looks awesome.. the xenarc is very nice.

acrod99

Reaction score
Djpm05-that is a sick setup! i've been looking for a good place to permanently install my dash screen. did you have to modify a lot to put it in like that?

ryon527

Reaction score
the xenarc screen is over 300 itself. doesn't look too much modified if at all to make it fit. maybe the bottom corners are.

Back