Need A Camber?

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
Fellas, it is I again, back again for advice and answers! lol well ive purchased the Tein Basic Coilovers, (should be comin in this week) i did my hmk a couple of weeks ago, i found if u drop ur car 2".....we wouldnt need a camber kit. nEthing lower...we're gunna need one..IS THIS TRUE?

IF this is true, what camber should i go with? Ingalls? ne suggestions?
-EliteStyles

Last edited:

Hush

Reaction score
I've asked this quastion on the 2 in lowering thard on here. like some poeple say, you might need it you might not. and if your one of those that do need it, i hear very good things about ingalls.

tsanhd

Reaction score
i got 2.2 inch drop with 18x7.5 inch rims and my tires are fine as along as you get an alighnment. you might need camber but my situation i don't different car and driving conditions varies so theres not really a generic answer.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i haven't aligned my car yet, still waiting for the 2 week break in period. i dropped 1.8, but lately i've noticed when i make turns at 40, i hear my tires squealing, so i guess i'm getting negative camber and the breka in period is almost over. an alignment should be fine, anything over 2 definitely. different cars with different situations vary.

clevengercm

Reaction score
I have tein basics, tokico blues wit 18s, when I got an alignment the guy said I was pushing it, but he could align it within specs..any lower I would need a camber kit. tein basics drop 1.7 in back and 1.8 in front less than 2 inches

klee

Reaction score
I would get an alingment first. I had nearly a 2 inch drop with my old setup and I was fine.

acrod99

Reaction score
tires dont really go too quickly. i say only if i can afford it, i'll pick up a camber kit.

silencer

Reaction score
You need to get an alignment after you drop your car anyway (if the springs are new, let them sit for about 2 weeks before you align). So when you get it aligned you can find out how much negative camber you got from the drop. I have very minor drop and already need a camber kit in the back...thinking about getting ingall soon.

Twobit

Reaction score
Even 2" you need a camber kit or the insides of your front tires will be BALD by the time you take them off for winter lol. I went less than 10k, and the front 2 tires were incredibly worn, I suggest a kid, just go on ebay and buy one, they're fairly cheap on there

Back