Jl A1800 vs. Rockford T10001BD

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this amp here? I've tried searching reviews for this amp but there aren't many useful information in regards to this amp. I just bought 2 x Kicker 12" L7s and a ported box but im still undecided whether to go with the JL A1800 or the Rockford T10001BD. They are both in the same price range.

Also, I bought my car used a couple years ago and I'm not too sure what the 98 EX Coupe model stock speakers are. I currently have the panasonic 270 or 260w 6x9s in the back. Are those stock? I looked at my brother's 2001 accord sedan and they had no markings on them.

Last edited:

TeeJ

Reaction score
I'm a JL fanatic. While I've never had that amp, both my JL amps are absolutely fantastic, they come with good warranties(If you get it from a store that sells JL's legally) and the quality is unbeatable. Plus after what I've done with them, I'm convinced they are near bulletproof.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
RF used to make solid amps, few years ago I would have said whichever was cheaper now I'd definitely go with JL over RF brand new

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
Just picked up a JL A1800 for a good price. I bought the kickers with 4 ohms but if i wire the subs to the amp with the 4 ohm load, i only get 640w. Is there a way to bridge the subs down to 2 ohms?

waccord99

Reaction score
you should be able to i actually have that rf 10001bd i am impressed....pretty good im rockn a 12 l5 and i plan on hitting it with 2...you would have to wire them a certain way to drop the ohms........but mine are 2 ohms already so i dont have to worry.......btw the speakers you have arent stock

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
If they're dual four ohm coils, you would wire them to one ohm. If they're dual two ohm coils, you would wire both to a net load of two ohms. Use the Rockford Woofer Wiring Wizard to accomplish this. After you asked if your Panasonic 6X9's were factory, I'm starting to doubt that you can accomplish this.

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
I must of been half awake when i typed out panasonic, what i meant to type was pioneer. Reason why i was so confused was because, we have 3 x 6th gens in the family. lol :thumbsup: The other coupe has pioneer speakers, and the sedan has no name speakers. We bought all of them used and I'm the only 4 banger in the family. :icon_gay:

I'm not too familiar with wiring as you can see :bash:. I'll check out the rockford guild later tonight. Thanks for the tips

Back