hey guys i need your help

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
well i have a 99 sedan and i'm looking to buy a in-dash deck, well i'm trying to stay with Alpine and so far i'm looking at between the

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=IVA-W205

and this one

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=IVA-D105

now i'm a little confused, whats the difference between these two products? i mean for me the most important thing is quality second would be able to hide well from prying eyes (i have my front tinted 20%) but i'm still scared depending where i park somtimes anyways any input would be great or if you guys know another brand thats better than alpine please throw it out thanks for all the help

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
get something with a detachable face plate personally i would go with a pioneer premier hu because personally they sound better and they are more user friendly

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
between those two i would pick the first one since i personally like the way the double din fills in the opening of the dash.... i have an eclipse avn 5435 and i love it.. with the eclipse units they have a security feature that once power has been removed it basically locks anyone from using it until you put in your "designated" cd that is the key

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
wow i didn't know that, but would the double din fit perfect for our sedans? i mean right now i have the stock hu on it and i want it to be like a nice fit without any gaps, and to Mmblvl5 thanks but i personally don't like pioneer i had a hu from them on my old car and it gave me lots of problems but thanks for the suggestions, well i gotta do more research thanks guys

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Personally, I would get the first one. I think it would look a lot cleaner having the double din filled all the time. Our stock radio size is double din so it should be a perfect fit.

The second would probably be less likely to get stolen since the screen folds in. If that is a major concern to you

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Things to look for and consider in a headunit..

• MP3 playback
  • AUX input
  • Detachable face/security system
  • Built in EQ
  • At least 50x4 RMS
  • At least 5v pre-outs
  • Satellite radio option
  • HD radio ready (good idea, not readily available)
  • Ability to DIM the back lights (real handy especially at night so it's not distracting)
anyway thats typically the major things I look for in a headunit anymore..I'm sure I'm missing a few things if I think of them I'll post them up.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score

TheHunter

Reaction score
Well I'm not too knowledgable in those units, but I can tell you that when you do make your choice, check ebay for them. I found that compared to mainstream websites, there were legitamate products on ebay listed for about half the price, and many of those offer warranties as well. I got my HU for 200 w/shipping from ebay, and it was on crutchfield for 400. And now I can pay 20 dollars for a 3 year warranty through "squaretrade" which is a warranty service that some ebay sellers use.

If you don't trust ebay... then you can not listen to me, but remember... they have to abide by what they say in their listing. They can't rip you off by law.

lashlee

Reaction score
Basically the difference is that one is a single din fold out, and one is a double din. I've got a W205 now, and had single din fold out eclipse for many years. Just about all units will need some help in terms of getting them to match up with the factory dash. Depending on how crafty you are, a little bondo and abs can go along way!! I've reworked the dash in my car so that there are no gaps, but I'm more into the molding/bondo work in my car.

In terms of ease of use, they all have there own quirks. The alpines can sound very good, but only if you use the 701 processor. The pioneers and eclipses can sound decent on their own, but you have some distinct differences between them. I would find a specialty retailer in your area that has some different units on display and play with each until you find what you like.

Back